That which is lost ~Continued~

Welcome back :D 

Mustang's POV

"Leaving so soon, Sir? I asked Fuhrer Bradley.

"Funny how things work. Now that Scar has shown up here in the East, the bureaucrats are suddenly very concerned about their duties back in Central. I'm sorry if we've inconvenienced you, Colonel." Bradley informed me.

"Can you choose my punishment first?" I said to Fuhrer Bradley for keeping my secret about Doctor Marcoh.

"Punishment?" Bradley questioned me. 

"I've known where the Crystal Alchemist was hiding for some time now. I never informed the state." I said.

"It was a job well done, Colonel." Bradley congratulated me.

"Sir?" I questioned.

"I've been wanting to put the good doctor in protective custody. My second-in-command, the late Brigadier General, was violently opposed to it. But as you know, he's the one who ordered Marcoh to use his work in battle, against his judgment. This life has been hard on Marcoh, and I wanted to make it up to him." Fuhrer commented.

"But in terms of his research sir, we have-- " I tried to say but he cut me off.

"That will be all. I will continue to rely on you, Colonel. " Fuhrer said, dismissing me.

"Have a safe journey. " I said as I exited out the room to find Lillian and Hawkeye staring at me.

"You see? I came out fine as ever." I said to them.

"You know maybe it would do you some good to get your hands slapped every once and a while." Hawkeye commented.

"Don't blame me. That guy's a wall. I can't figure him out." I commented to them both.

"I agree." Lillian said as we heard Al shout. We open the door and Armstrong was shirtless again flexing his muscles. I quickly pulled Lillian in front of me and covered her eyes. 

"Creation follows destruction! I'll fix him up, nice and pretty!" Armstrong shouted. 

"That's okay." Al said to Armstrong.

"Bonding a soul to steel is no walk in the park. Fullmetal's the only one who can fix Al now. Go ahead, ask him." I explained. 

"That's right. It's my burden, but before I do anything, I need to get my other arm back." Ed said.

"Well, that is an interesting fix, isn't it? I mean, if the great Edward can't use his alchemy--" Hawkeye commented but Havoc finished the sentence. I uncovered Lillian's eyes Armstrong placed his uniform back on.

"He's just a useless teen with a grumpy-ass attitude." Havoc commented.

"Anyway, I'll have to take some leave now. I'm going back to my mechanic. You know the one, don't you?" Ed said looking my way.

"Sure, Ed, how could I forget? I saw you in her house, unconscious, with that same stump of an arm you have now. Bawling in your sleep, ''It hurts! I'm gonna pee my pants!''. So tough." I said to him, mocking his actions.

"So, where are you gonna go once you're fixed?" Hughes asked.

"Central. I've got something to look up in the library there." Ed commented.

"That's a heck of a trip! You'll need some protection. I would volunteer, but... Well since the Fuhrer's going straight to Central, and I'm part of his escort, I can't go." Hughes said. 

"They just put me back in charge here. I've got to look after this place." I said to Ed  and then I looked down at Lillian.

"And I've got to look after the Colonel." Hawkeye said.

"You can send me. But I don't know how much help I'd be up against a fanatical alchemist serial killer." Havoc commented. 

"The same goes for me! - Yeah, what he said!" I heard two other's say.

"That settles it. Sign me up! I'll protect the boys on their journey for repairs and investigation." Armstrong volunteered. 

"We don't need an escort!" Ed said to Armstrong.

"Really, Ed? And what do you plan to do if Scar shows up while you're missing that arm?" Hawkeye asked. 

"Can't fight. Can't exactly carry your hobbled brother to safety, either." Havoc reminded Ed. 

Lillian's POV

"Children should listen to adults!" Armstrong shouted. 

"You can't call us children! Al, why don't you stick up for us here?" Ed ordered Al. 

"That's the first time anyone's treated me like a kid since I've been in this armor! Thank you!" Al shouted, I could almost picture him smiling and with tears of joy.