Chapter 7 - The Elric Brothers

Edward Elric

We arrived at the train station and Al headed over to the store window and I walked towards the phone I needed to inform Lieutenant Colonel Mustang we were at the station.

"This is Mustang." I heard on the phone line.

"Yes, hello, uh-- Lieutenant Colonel Mustang? This is Edward Elric reporting at the station, sir." I introduced myself.

"Easy, kid. Don't be uptight. You know it sounds like you've been rehearsing this or something." He said in a sarcastic tone.

"Sorry! Sir, I mean Roy, I mean, we're boarding the nine-twenty train for Central." I informed him.

"Roger that. Hey, wait a minute.
There's one leaving before that, isn't there?" He said, just as he said that I heard one of the train men shout;

"Close the doors! Clear the platform!
Now departing!"

"Yeah, but, we had a little detour, and we got here late. I think it's already leaving." I said.

"Get on it." He ordered.

"But why does it matter?" I asked confused.

"Take it or go home!" He ordered again, I hung up the phone and looked over at Alphonse.

"Hey Al! Boarding time!" I shouted at him.

"Now?" He questioned.

"Change of plans! Come on!" I said as we quickly hurried to catch the train. We looked around for seat when we found one. We sat down and I looked around, to the left there was a person with a red cloak. I looked over to Alphonse and he was quiet.

"I can't get a solid read on this Mustang character yet. What kind of guy do you think he is?" I asked him as I took a bite of my piece of bread.

"Brother, am I scary?" He asked me. I gave him a puzzle looked and smiled.

"Please, your kindness in a can." I said to Al trying to cheer him up.

"Look, mom, he's strange!" I heard a little girl's voice say.

"Strange?" Alphonse said confused and in a worried tone.

"That's not nice, Marin.
You shouldn't say things like that." The little girl's mother said.

"But look at him! He must like armor a lot, to wear it everywhere, even on a train! Do you think he gets hot?" Marin said. I stood up to see and noticed everyone started to stare, except the person in the cloak.

"Nothing to see hear, folks!
Nope, nothing out of the ordinary.
Geez, Al. No one told me we had tickets for the Normalcy Express.
There Al, you see? She's not scared.
She likes you. Right?" I said as I noticed her catching a glimpse of my automail arm.

" Cooler than skin, right?" I said.

"All right, Marin. You've bothered them enough." Marin's mother said.

Maes Hughes

"I'm telling you, Roy, it's a trip. Ever since she got pregnant, she's turned hotter than a love goddess. It's the miracle of hormones. It's like this angel flew down from heaven and kissed her on the... Lousy phones! Cutting off my conversations! I can't do anything here!" I said in an annoyed tone, I grabbed another phone and called Mustang.

"You're the one we can't do anything with.Now how do they expect me to run a tight security with a family of four, and a love bird." I heard Falman say.

"Roy? Yeah, these piece-a-junk phones.So how am I gonna handle it if she has the baby tomorrow?
I mean, emotionally. Especially since Lillian isn't going to be around as much." I said.