Chapter 8 - Sewing - Life Alchemist

Lillian Hughes

"So why didn't you tell those boys you were a State Alchemist." My father asked.

"Because I didn't want them to think I got special treatment because I'm your daughter, well adoptive daughter." I said.

"You are my daughter, to me you are my daughter and I am glad you came to me and Gracias life. But you yourself know you worked hard to get to where you are now." He replied. We stopped at a flower shop and father grabbed mother roses and a box of candy. We got back in the car and father kept staring at me.

"They will find out eventually and it would have to be after he passes the exam. One thing for sure is, wherever they plan on going, I am going to follow. Maybe they can help me, get me closer to my parents death." I said.

"I'll miss you and I will worry but, these boys can take care of themselves and with you with them, I am sure you will be safe. But you better visit and I hope I see you around and get phone calls. " he said.

"Deal!" I shouted. We arrived home and I hurried off with my luggage. Father unlocked the door and we walked inside, mom was on the couch reading a book. She looked up and gave us a smile, he pulled out the gifts and gave them to her.

"Are you two hungry?" She asked after her kids session with dad.

"Not me, I promised friends I'd see them at Mustang's office and that is what I will do. I'll be back mom, love you and love you dad." I said as I headed back out telling the driver were to take me. I wonder how they will feel when they found out I lied and didn't tell them I am a State Alchemist or that I can do Alchemy. When I arrived at Central Headquarters I hurried inside to see Al and Ed. When I opened the door I saw desks and at the end I saw Mustang talking to Ed and Al they were sitting down. Mustang noticed me and I took his glare as of stay silent.

"So, boys, you're really convinced you're ready for this." Mustang said in a serious tone.

"That's right. Just tell me what to wear to graduation." Ed said in a confident tone.

"Careful, Ed. I'd hate for you to get cocky. As you know, you find your own training.

I suggest him." Mustang said to Edward as he slid paperwork on the desk towards Edward.

"The Sewing-Life Alchemist, huh?" Edward said with a puzzled looked as he flipped through the paperwork.

"Shou Tucker. He practically wrote the book on bringing things to life." Mustang said to Ed when Ed's facial expression went from puzzled to shocked.

"I've heard of him!" I said out loud. Ed and Al looked back and saw me.

"Lillian you came, so you heard about Shou Tucker?" Ed asked.

"Yes, my father told me about him." I said.

"I'm going to drop them at Shou Tucker's home, are you tagging along?" Mustang asked me.

"Yes Lt.Colonel, I would love to meet the Sewing Life Alchemist." I said as I stood up. We all walked out of the building making our way to the car.

"Two years ago, Mr. Tucker used alchemy to create a Chimera that could actually speak our language. Quite a feat." Mustang told Ed and Al on the way to Tucker's home.

"How the heck did he do that?" Ed asked.

"Beats me. I guess it was some kind of composite using several animals with different genes.

Had the brass in an uproar. Needless to say, he's passed the exam." Mustang said.

"Probably had to use birds that could mimic words in our vocab or voices even." I said.