Chapter 23...

The Greek sun prayed on the tan and pale skin of the mortals as they formed legions beneath Mt. Hogwarts. Their gold armor glistened with the sun, weighing down on them, and their sword handles were already wet with sweat. A few of the young warriors clutched at pieces of cloth and hair given to them by their lovers like they knew they were going to die.

    Harry (Zeus) looked down at them, a fuzzy feeling like fog falling from his eyes. His mind became clear suddenly and he gasped, his heart aching and pounding with realization of what he had done to his world and Queen. Hannah (Demeter), Ginny's (Hera) crown sparkling on her head, came up next to him, a soft gently hand on his shoulder. She leaned up next to his ear, "My King," her tongue extended into his ear, transforming itself into a snake and once more biting down on the inside of Harry's ear. This time thought, he did not scream but rather moan quietly, "Are you alright?"

    "Perfect," Harry said as the haze fell over his eyes once more and Hannah kissed his slightly bleeding ear, Harry's golden liquor slipping down Hannah's throat.

    "Can I call the legions together, Harry?" Hannah asked in a sweet voice, rubbing up and down Harry's armored back.

"Of course," he responded and looked back at her, "Anything for you, My Queen."

Hannah smiled devilishly and stepped up on the golden chariot beside him. Two, large, grey horses pawed at the ground as she did so, "Mortals and immortals!" the legions and gods and goddesses turned to look up at the golden chariot sitting on top of a nearby hill, "It is time for war!" and everyone rose in a blood lust cheer, "Form battle formations!" she called out orders and legions and immortals came together and marched out onto the flat plains to meet the Underworld army.

Harry and Hannah made their way down the hill, their chariot moving through their army to the front of it. The grass was tall, landing at the knee, and was dead, a bright tan against the few, lime green bushes that poked out of the ground. Hannah knew that the land would be the color of crimson with the soldier's blood of both armies. The Hannah, before Hermione was kidnapped, would have cried and fought to stop this war, but the Hannah now held no place in her hard heart for such soft ideas and actions.

Suddenly, the whole army came to a stop and Hannah and Harry's chariot came to stand before the army. The land had an eerie sound to it for it was quiet save for the heavy breathing and clanging armor of the soldiers. Everyone watched the horizon, waiting for any sign of the Underworld army, the tension and suspense building up and ready to snap.

Then there was the sound of battle horns, crying out across the field ahead of them. Another called out to the right and another called out to the left. The sound was deafening, but as soon as it started, it was gone. Suddenly, a row of black and shinning silver rose from the horizon, the Underworld army stretched out on either side for miles. In the middle, coming towards her Hannah saw a large, rich gold chariot sparkling in the sun. It was pulled by two, eyes glowing red, black horses that pawed and snorted. Behind the chariot was a large three headed dog that Hannah recognized as Fluffy, the guardian of the Gates of Hell. In the chariot were two people, King Draco stood tall and proud, his hands steering the chariot forward. His companion was her daughter, metal crown rested upon her curls and Hannah noticed she had unearthly glow about her. Immortals flanked the ranks behind them in their own chariots armed to fight what seemed like a deadly monster. King Draco raised his hand and the underworld army came to a stop. The two armies stared at each other, waiting for one of them to speak or move.

    Hannah's calm face suddenly curved into a wicked grin and she burst into an evil cackle that would give Hectate a run for her money, "Hermione, my darling," Hermione would have shrunk back behind Draco at her mother's odd behavior, but now she stood tall and threw a harden glare at her mother, "Come here," Hermione stood where she was in her place next to Draco, "you don't want to be on the losing side do you, darling?"

    "There are no loosing sides at the beginning of war, mother," Hermione's voice ran out across the field, "You of all people should know that."

Hannah simply laughed in response, "I'll give you one more chance, Hermione, come back to your real family and all will be forgiven. I'll completely forget about this rebellious streak of yours and we'll start where we left off: a loving mother and a loving, respectful daughter."

Hermione chuckled, "Oh mother, I'd take you up on your offer, but I am home," she looked up at Draco, giving him a loving smile, "The Underworld has given me things I could only wish for; a loving home, a caring and just king, a palace full of friends, people I consider family. They all have a place in my heart and mind that you could only wish for, mother. You once had that place, but your actions have killed it."

Hannah's expression changed as Hermione spoke, growing darker and darker. The land fell silent as they waited for Hannah to speak and she only spoke three words, harsh and painful to Hermione's ears, "So be it."

    Hannah waved her hand to the troops and the immortals in charge of the various legions began to move. Behind her, war drums sounded off as the army marched across the field.

    Hermione looked at Draco, shock of what was about to happen- the truth settling in, written in it. Draco nodded to her, grasping her hand tightly in assurance that they would be alright. He raised his other hand and motioned to his generals to charge. The war horns exploded in songs of horror and the army of the Underworld marched out to meet the army of the sky. Hermione squeezed Draco's hand, her eyes roaming the other army in search of people she knew. The Battle of the Immortals had begun.