Chapter 9...

"I'll leave you to get change," and Astoria was gone.

    Hermione smiled sadly as she looked down at the soft fabric, it reminded her of that ugly chlamys Draco had forced her to get married in. She reached up on her shoulders and unclasped the golden pins, her chlamys falling to her feet. She then brought the soft white material up on her body and a knock echoed across her home. She did not look up, thinking it was Astoria, when she said, "Come in."

    She heard a sharp male inhale from behind her and she looked up just as she brought the single golden clasp up around to her left shoulder, leaving her other bare. A tall dark figure with bright blonde hair stood in the doorway. She smiled up at him in a friendly manner. Meanwhile, fire was being born inside her body and the sickness was taking effect, "Good evening, my Lord Draco."

ͼͽͼͽ ͼͽͼͽ ͼͽͼͽ ͼͽͼͽ

    Her skin was pale but a creamy smoothness that practically begged to be touched. Her skillful hands worked carefully on clipping her chlamys together. Draco looked down upon the color and fabric of her outfit. He observed that it was similar to the gown that Draco and her would have observed their union but it made her look like she was about to get sacrificed.

    "Good evening, my Lord Draco," he heard her call to him.

    He lowered his head to her, "And to you, my Lady Hermione."

    "What can I help you with?" she asked as she went over to get a silver bar to place in her hair, "Come to praise me on my dancing," she swept the strips of hair that rested on the sides of her head up into the back. Revealing her long slender neck which he could see was covered in a fine layer of sweat. Sweat, he knew, was not from her dancing but from the sickness.

    "You did dance beautifully," he nodded, "But that is not what I came here for."

    Hermione jerked her head up at him, which did not help with her dizziness, but she seemed to have righted herself, "Well, I have to be going soon."

    "It's about that," he said and motioned out the door, "Shall we walk? 'Tis a beautiful night."

    "But-," She was about to talk but Draco would not let her answer.

    "My brother will understand," he said forcefully and Hermione followed him out of her house, one hand tucked into the area of his elbow. This she was glad for because she needed to lean upon him in order for her to walk.

    "What is it that you wanted to talk to me about?" Hermione asked as they entered the large orchard that Hannah (Demeter) so enjoyed.

    Draco dropped her arm, walking a head of her which she thought odd. He sighed and stopped. Running a hand through his hair, he reeled on her; a fire lit in his silver eyes, "Why did you do it?"

    "Do what?" she asked slightly taken back at his anger. Her breathing was hard and she leaned against the nearby peach tree.

    He pointed a finger at her, "You know exactly what I am talking about!"

    "You are going to have to make it clearer for me then."

    "Why did you...," he trailed off, gulped and continued, "Trade your maidenhood for me?"

    "Oh," she said sadly and looked away from him and up at the glowing house where Harry was probably waiting for her.

    "Yeah, 'oh' is right." he said from behind her. Why wouldn't she say anything about it, he thought. She seems to be hiding something, "Why?"