Chapter 18...

The land that the battle would take place on was flat with some rolling hills. Small creeks flowed down from Mt. Hogwarts, the water clear and pure. It was dry area even though it lay between the great Mt. Hogwarts and the crashing waves of the Aegean Sea. The land was perfect for a battle of the immortals; a balance of all their worlds so no one would have the advantage over the other. Harry (Zeus) had Mt. Hogwarts and sky rising above the land. Neville (Poseidon) had the Aegean Sea crashing onto the beach. Draco (Hades) had the land between the two and everything beneath it.

Suddenly a petite, dark haired woman dashed across the landscape, flying swiftly on her feet, two hunting dogs nipping at her feet. She wore a light cloak which glowed silver, a bow grasped in her hands. She came to a stop, the dogs halting behind her, their tongues hanging out their mouths. She glanced right and left, looking for any signs of the Army of the Underworld, but she couldn't see anyone. She walked carefully in one direction, her feet not making a sound. Her eyes razed the landscape, where are they?

Without warning, the ground began to shake beneath her feet and she paused, crouching low to the ground to keep herself stable. Her hunting dogs started barking frantically and running around her feet. She growled at them and they stopped what they were doing, coming to stand at her feet, whimpering slightly. Before her, one of the hills split open, revealing a black pit. It glowed a passion red and black shadows seeped out of it. The woman smiled as the Underworld spilled out onto the land. For once in her long immortal life, the darkness no longer symbolized evil, but hope and freedom. The darkness was the light.

From the pit came a chariot; gleaming a rich gold, faces carved into the side screaming in human misery. Inside the chariot stood two tall immortals, their hands clasped together and resting on the skulls which rimmed the chariot. Their faces were emotionless until their eyes met the dark haired woman's. Behind the chariot came two ghosts and a pair of greyhounds. As the sun hit the ghosts, their pale skin started to take form and they began to heal. Antonius looked down at his arm and watched in a mix of horror and joy as his arm reappeared. Lavender looked down at her body and watched as her scars and bruises disappeared and her clothing stitched itself together. Their eyes shined with life, the death and sadness completely gone.

"Astoria (Artemis)!" Hermione shouted her smile wide as she looked at the woman.

The dark haired woman pulled her silver hood down and her smile shined brightly like the moon, "Hermione!" Hermione jumped off of the chariot and ran toward her best friend, Draco following behind her slowly. Lavender and Antonius, meanwhile, stared at each other in wonder, poking at each other wondering if what was happening to them was real. The two female immortals embraced, tears streaming down their face.

"I thought you were gone," Hermione said, "I saw what my mother did to you, I thought I lost you."

"Even your mother cannot put down a goddess such as me like some common dog," Astoria responded and they let go of each other.

"I am so happy to see you," Hermione said.

"And I am so happy to see you," Astoria responded.

"Good day, Lady Astoria," Draco came up behind Hermione, placing a hand on her waist.

Astoria smiled at the Lord of the Dead, "King Draco, it is good to see you again," she bowed her head.

"And I you," Draco said, smiling at her in a friendly manner.

"Are you joining us, Astoria?" Hermione asked.

"Of course," Astoria said and looked behind them, "Is it just us then?" she asked slightly disappointed in her fellow immortals.

"Oh no," Draco chuckled lightly. Hermione just smiled at her friend. Draco placed two fingers to his lips and blew. From his mouth came a high pitched whistle sound and the ground began to shake again, even louder. Astoria's eyes landed on the gaping mouth of hell in the ground and watched as a large three headed dog came out of the ground flanked by eleven gods, most of whom she recognized. Behind them came ghosts, legions of ghost, their skin turning whole and creamy as it hit the sun. Draco turned back to Astoria, "Is this enough?"

Astoria's mouth dropped and then she began to chuckled, "Oh my goddesses, this is amazing," ghosts marched on, the dead being brought back to life around them, "How did you get this many?"

"A very good persuasion speech from the Queen of the Underworld," Draco praised Hermione, squeezing her to his side in a hug.

Astoria turned to her, "Oh I forgot! Congratulations," she then bowed deeply at her friend, "Your Majesty."

"Oh, Astoria, please stand," Hermione said, smile on her face, "I hate to see you on the ground like this," Astoria stood, a teasing grin on her own.

"Well, we must go help the ghosts set up camp," Draco said, "We'll leave you to catch up with your friends," Draco motioned to the eleven immortals standing behind them.

"Thanks so much for coming, Astoria," Hermione said and hugged her.

"Of course," Astoria said and when they let go of each other, Hermione and Draco left her and the other immortals. Astoria watched them get back in their chariot, two ghosts joining them, and go riding off down in the hills to set up camp. She smiled, her best friend had become a Queen overnight and she just radiated pure power.

"Astoria," a familiar male voice called to her and she turned to look back at the other immortal. She smiled brightly, her smile reflecting his light, at the man who called out to her.

"Blaise (Apollo)."

|AN:|

The setting for this place is on the plains of Litochoro which is at the foot of Mt. Olympus in Greece.