Chapter 31...

The gardens were in full bloom and a red, golden sun rose in the Underworld, night falling on the mortal world above. The Palace woke quickly, servants moving about inside its halls like ants. They had reason for being up early; a Queen was getting married today.

    Hermione (Persephone) woke up around lunch time, the sun shining down on her face. She yawned and stretched, a light smile on her face. She blinked up at the sun as she slowly woke up. Butterflies began to flood her stomach and she realized she was alone in bed. Draco and her slept in separate beds that night, which was hard for both of them since their minds were flooded by nightmares of the war. She then smiled brightly, she was getting married today. At this, she jumped up from the guest bed she was in, the sheets falling from her body. Just as she did this, the door to her room opened up.

    "My Lady?" a female servant came into the room, her arms full of cloth and jewelry. Hermione's eyes landed on her, a smile spreading across her face.

    "Lavender," Hermione skipped toward her servant and friend. Her blonde curls were lush and freshly brushed. She wore a light pink chlamys, her stomach slightly large and sticking out in the dress. After the war with Harry and her mother some six months ago, a couple of people were given life and immortality by Harry and Draco. Lavender and Antonius were one of these people and lived happily in the palace together, their child about two months into life. One of the other mortals to gain immortality was Orion and he and Astoria, after the battle, were rarely seen again. Hermione knew though that they would be here today, "I'm getting married!"

    Lavender giggled as she watched the Queen of the Underworld danced across the guest room and fall back on the bed, once again. Lavender walked over to the bed, placing the fabric and jewelry on the bed, "It is exciting."

    Hermione sat up and looked at her, "Tell me, Lavender, how is my King this morning?"

    Lavender smiled brightly, "I haven't seen him this morning, my Lady."

    Hermione fell back on the bed again; her arms spread wide, "I wonder if he is just as joyous as I am."

    "Of course he is, my Lady," Lavender sat down on the edge of the bed, "Despite the few fights you two have had over the past few months, he loves you terribly," those fights were so silly, but it left the throne room completely destroyed. They didn't hold grudges long, thank the gods, and so Lavender and Antonius would see the two of them walking closely together amongst the pomegranate trees of the orchard. Ever since she ate those seeds, Hermione began to practically gorge herself on them, especially when she was in a bad mood- a trick that Draco was quick to learn.

    "I have no doubt, Lavender," Hermione smiled happily up at the ceiling of the guest bedroom.

    Lavender suddenly stood up, "Well, it's time, my Lady."

    Hermione stood up too, her eyes looking down on the pile of fabric, "Did you make it, Lavender?"

    Lavender smiled brightly and she brought two fingers to her lips, a high pitched whistle echoing in their eardrums. The door to the bedroom burst open and in came Astoria, Lily, and Pansy- each wearing a pink chlamys like Lavender's. In their arms was a white dress that Hermione recognized from her sketches.

    "Astoria, Lily, Pansy!" Hermione screeched as she launched herself toward her best girlfriends. They smiled at her, but walked past her to Lavender to give her the dress. Then they turned back to Hermione and hugged her, one huge hug.

    "Come on, Hermione; let's get your dress on!" Pansy bounced up and down like a child when they let go of each other.

    Hermione laughed and turned to Lavender, "Alright, let's do this."