Just my luck. The one time I'm not in school, everything happens, yet when I am there, nothing does.

I rubbed my temples with my hands, a habit I seem to be forming under stress these days. Dylan looked at me sympathetically. "Do you need anything? An ice pack?"

I shook my head no, and I picked up my phone to send another text to him, when a knock sounded at the door.

"Were you expecting someone?" He asked me. I shake my head no, and he frowned. "Neither was I. I'll go see who it is." He strode over to the door, his long legs eating up the floor.

I picked my phone up and fiddled with it, walking out into the living room as I do so. I spared a glance, and I nearly dropped my phone in surprise.

It's Alex. I haven't seen him in a year.

"Siena."

"Alex." I said, only a whisper, but my throat burns at even the slightest abrasion.

He's there. As handsome as ever. More built, his almond shaped eyes are crinkled in a smile. He looks so much like his mother, who hails from Korea.

He smiled at me from the doorway. "Hey." He managed to speak. "How's it going?"

Dylan, who's been standing there the entire time, but in at this moment. "She's sick. Lost her voice. The whole day has been blissful." He explained, smirking at me.

I glared at him in retaliation. Alex chuckles. "Glad to see not much has changed since I left."

"Hey, come sit." Dylan gestured to the couch, leading Alex over to it.

I sat silently on the futon across from them. I noticed my temper rising, and I closed my fists into tight fists as they chatted. How can they act as if nothing happened? The way Alex left us? The way he just broke our friendship.

You, reader, judging by the amount of cliché books you have probably read, might think I harbor some kind of feelings for Alex, there's going to be a love triangle between me, him, and Nick. Sorry to disappoint. Not going to happen. Even though Alex is handsome, I'm not into him anymore. I wasn't even sad when we broke up. I didn't care. I suppose that shows how wrong we were wrong for each other. No, what pissed me off was when he left. I always the breakup was a mutual thing. I don't see why would couldn't have remained friends. The one thing no one ever tells you about mortals, we ALWAYS stick to our morals. They be horrible, but once we find a moral we agree with, we will not break them, for anything.

And mine is sticking to your promises. I may hate Warrior, yet I'm not going to betray him. I made a promise, and I intend to see it carried out. To quote High School Musical (which Dylan made me watch, and surprisingly, I enjoyed) promises are a hefty word. I can't throw it around casually. So how could Alex, after we promised we would stay friends forever, break it. I'm not talking about a spur-of-the-moment idealistic idea from when were 5 and had no idea of the real world. This promise we made the first day of junior year, and we knew, this moment, this wasn't going to change. Making promises when you're a teenager, even one of this caliber, don't make them any less real. And he broke it when he moved. He never even gave me a reason, so I was left wondering what happened to one of my best friends. Dylan knew, and he wouldn't tell me. But I didn't blame him (much). It was Alex's job to tell me. He was the one leaving.  

I choked out, "You left."

They stopped talking and look at me. Alex's countenance formed a guilty look. "Siena-"

"No, Alex, just shut the hell up!" I yelled. My throat felt like it's burning in the depths of hell, but I don't care. I had to get my feelings out. "You left us. I know the breakup hurt, but it didn't matter. We had been best friends for nearly twelve years. And we made a promise. You broke that promise."