"Kaitlin," I gasped. "You have loved someone too." I let out an awkward laugh.

"Ha no, that's not it. Nevertheless, I know... Nick, truly loves you, Stacey." I smiled a bit more. "I can tell he is madly in love with you." I giggled.

"How can you be so sure?" She asked.

"I really can't answer that, I just know, so please rest assured."

As the night crawled upon us, The chairman and his granddaughter took for their departure. Mr. Louis opened the door and out came The chairman with his granddaughter, Nick followed and Mrs. Louis was behind.

"Thank you for having us, Louis, make sure that you don't work too hard."

"Yes. I will visit you before anything after I get back to work." Mr. Louis responded.

"Hey, dont forget the engagement ceremony before that. Right, Nick and Stacey?"

"Yes. I appreciate your help." Nick said.

"Well, then Louis. We will talk about the schedule later." He said.

"Thank you so much for comming all the way here."

"Let's get going, Stacey." The chairman said, but Stacey didn't move.

"Um, I would like to walk with nick for a little bit." She said holding back.

"Do you mind, Nick?" Peter asked.

"Not at all. I'll make sure she arrives home safe." Nick replied.

"Then please take good care of her. Well then, Goodnight." And with that Ch. Peter left. I pulled away from the window and sat back on my bed. Instead of sulking around, I stood up and made my way down stairs.

"Nick made the decision we can't help it." I heard Mr. Louis' voice. I decided not to interfere with their family matters, I headed for the kitchen. I turned on the faucet and let my hands get soaked with the cold water. I put on the apron and returned to the sink, I started washing the dishes. After a couple of washed and dried dishes, Mrs. Louis came in.

"Kaitlin, let's finish it tomorrow, you must be tired." She said concerned, I smiled.

"Somehow I'm wide awake. I will just finish the dishes, you on the other hand should get some rest, you must be tired since it was a very busy day. Please go to sleep." I insisted.

"But I feel bad." She said.

"I'm fine. There is only a little bit left." I said continuing. After a few moments of silence she said my name.

"Kaitlin. . ." She walked over to me."I'm sorry. I'm really sorry." I was stunned. "I kept telling you that we were going to have you marry into our family. Yet this happened, I was trying to root for you two. However, I ended up hurting your feelings. I feel really awful for what happened," She was crying.

"It's not your fault, Mrs. Louis." I said hugging her.

"I still can't give up on you, Kaitlin."

"Thank you very much. I'm extremely happy that you are thinking of me like that. I think of you as my real mother i have been, and I always will, no matter who Nick marries. "

"Kaitlin, truly, I," She sobbed. I shook my head, I didn't want her to feel at fault. She left. I couldn't hold it back anymore I slid onto the floor my knees against my chest, I can't keep smiling. I shouldn't give anyone false hope. Should I just run away? Leave the people I'm hurting and forget about the people who've hurt me?

After I washed the dishes, I made my way to the staircase, the door closed. I looked up and I saw Nicholas Louis, the one who could make my heart beat from a mile away. Now the one who is slowly losing his place in my heart. The fact really scares me.