Pearl

Author's Note
86k + Reads?!!! Agh!! Thank you all so much!! #85 in Teen Fiction, you guys always make my day, every time I get a vote or especially a comment. Happy Reading^.^

"But I also get how you feel too, Nick. You only have one life, I'm sure you want to decide what to do with your own life."~ Kaitlin Jackson

Chapter 66
--------------------

Nick and I have been walking for quite a while now, I've noticed something though, he doesn't care that I'm walking next to him intend of behind.

"I'm sorry about earlier, that you had to see our ugly family quarrel." He said.

"No, I'm the one at fault for being nosy. I'm sorry," there was a period of silence, I fidgeted my fingers ."but, I think your mom just lost her temper. You see, you usually don't say much, you don't tell others what you are thinking. That's why they were uneasy, because they didn't know what you really wanted they were frustrated and nervous, so even though that happened. . . Both of your parents care about you the most, I know that for a fact." I said, all I heard was a sigh.

"But I also get how you feel too, Nick. You only have one life, I'm sure you want to decide what to do with your own life." I added.

"You told me once. . . That you go to college to find out what you want to do with your life."

"Yeah." I confirmed, he stopped walking and slowly turned around.

"Have you found one?" He asked.

"Sad to say, I haven't. Not only Keith, but Sasha and Jade have already started heading towards their careers, but I'm way behind them." I added, I'm always thinks about nothing, but Nick. "I feel so miserable," Nick started walking again. I followed. "Keith said to me 'when you find something you want to do, you will know without thinking.' He also said its like falling in love with someone. But you would be so nervous until you found one."

"You're right." He added.

(P.S This song is beast!!!.)

"That's why I think you're amazing, if my father told me to take over his restaurant like your father did, I would just go with the flow. But you didn't just obey your father, so not only about your job, but about whom you love. You shouldn't just go with what your parents say. You should choose whom you love, that is what is best for you. There is no reason to love someone, even though everyone around you tell you to. You can't be with the person if you don't like her. Nick you should find someone that you really love and be happy." Nick stopped walking.

"I. . . Want to be a doctor."

"Huh?" I said shocked.

"I'm thinking of taking the next exam to transfer to the medical department. I'm not sure if I'm suited for it, but I want to study it properly." He began walking again. Peoples lives are decided in split second decisions, something very small can make a curable disease incurable. Those were the words I said to Nick, that came to mind.

"Being a doctor is the first thing I found I treat in since I was born." He said.

"Why didn't you tell that to your dad?" I asked.

"Until a little while ago I wasn't sure about it." He added.

"A little while ago? Then when did you decide?"

"When we were taking this walk. I think. But I still don't want to tell dad and Ma. "

"Why not?"

"I'm going to properly prepare and wait till I'm ready to take some concrete actions, so until then, you can't tell anyone either." He said.

"Sure, but why did you tell me such an important thing? "

"Well. . . I'm not sure why. Bye, Kaitlin." He said walking away, I looked around. We were in fact at the trains station, I guess there truly are many ways to get to a destination. Such an important thing, why did he only tell me?

***

While Nick and I were too busy walking and talking, Mr. Louis had heart burn, so he had been rushed to the hospital. Apparently, he already knew, that he had an unstable agminia. He never said anything, that's why he told Nick to talk with him. He was now resting in the hospital.

Nick Pov

"He has never said anything about it." Ma said worried.

"Really? I'd assume he didn't want you to worry, so he didnt tell you." The doctor said.

"S0, how is his condition? He's okay?" I asked.

"His attack this time was mild, but if he keeps pushing himself there's a possibility he'll have a myocardial infarction."He added. My mom sighed and placed her face into her hands. "We'll do everything to protect him, so he must be on bed rest and get treatment. We'll see how it goes. He needs to stop working completely."

***

I saw the door slide open Nick and his mom came out.

"Mrs' Louis, how's L?" My dad immediately asked.

"It looks like he had a problem with his heart for a long time, but he didn't tell us. I think he was pushing himself too hard." She said.

"He'll be on absolute bed rest for a while and then we'll see how he does." Nick said looking down, he was different. I have never seen this expression on him for the past 6 years. Not once.

"But he'll be okay, if he's resting right?" My dad added.

"So far yes. He was suffering so much I didn't have any idea of what he was going through. I'm.... I'm a failure as a wife." Mrs. Louis cried. She really cared for her husband, I could always see the love in her eyes. Now I see sorrow, which isn't pleasant at all.

"It's not your fault, Pearl. Thomas has always had sense of responsibility. I'm sure there's times he carried a burden by himself and got stressed out. Therefor, it's fortunate that this was no life-threatening situation." My father said.

( P.S I have finally revealed Mrs. Louis name, it a dedication to Pearl for helping me edit my book.)

"What about dad's company? What's going to happen to his company if he takes day's off?" Luke said, I looked down, this was truly an unwanted situation.

"I'll do it," I tilted my head up, Nick had spoken.

"But Nick! You weren't sure if you wanted to take over dad's company." Mrs. Louis said.

"I think, dad knew about the problem with his heart. That's why he rushed and asked me, to be his successor. So,I'm going to look after his company." Mrs Louis started to cry.

"Thank you! Nick." She hugged her son. But I'm the only one who knows, that his real dream is, to become a doctor. HE finally found his dream, but does he have to give it up now?

Author's note!
You guys, I'm sorry for the wait. BTW my birthday is on February 11th I can't wait!! I want to thank you all, I've been on Wattpad for over a year, I don't know when I started writing this book, but hopefully it will continued to be loved.