ㅇ Clubs ㅇ

Author's Note
I keep my promises. Happy Reading ^.^

Chapter 44
----------------------
In Kaitlin's POV

I was walking down the stairs to the living room dying for a glass of water. I took in a deep breathe of air half way down. I saw Nick coming up. I stopped in my tracks and let out the air that I had been holding, slowly feeling my heart on the tip of my fingers. He looked at me and I looked at him, I was embarrassed in result of my attire. Dressed in my sleeping shorts along with a tank top.

"You can go take a bath now." He said drying his hair with a towel. He passed by me and kept walking up. I gulped as I felt his arm brush against mine, I slapped my self back to reality and my hormonal teenager self. I was reminded about the girl today from his class.

"Um, Nicholas." He stopped and slowly turned around probably shocked that I called him his full name.

"What?"

"Um, who was the girl early at the science and engineering department?" I asked, this question had been killing me all day.

"Oh? you mean Elizabeth Welting." He said to me.

"Huh? You already know her full name?"

"I told you already, I won't forget it, if I hear it once." He said annoyed.

"Oh, is it possible that Elizabeth likes you?" I said looking down.

"What? Wait, hey are you jealous?" He just had to bring that up, he couldn't just answer the question.

"Huh? How is that possible?" I asked.

"Come to think of this, she's quite pretty though, she has a good body and she's smart, she said she was 5th place in the national exam."

"Then why does that kind of person attend our school?" I asked.

"Who knows? Maybe she has another purpose," he said crossing his arms. I looked down again. "Now what's this, I thought you already forgot about me, ah that's right, we kissed didn't we." He said getting closer his hands were now uncrossed. I was walking backwards, but my back hit the rail of the stairs. "Now you can't forget, right?"  He tilted his head and leaned in, I immediately closed my eyes. Will this be our second kiss? I heard a snicker. I opened one eye and saw Nick already up the rest of the stairs. I've been teased.

"This is unfair." I said out loud and made my way down the stairs.

***

"Oh, so that girl is named Elizabeth Welting?" Asked Sasha, we were going down the stairs to enter the cafeteria.

"She is pretty and smart," Jade said. "She is like a female version of Nick."

"Well I guess Nick and her are a good match." Sasha said.

"Please don't say such a thing," I said looking at her.

"But you have to be pragmatic, obviously she is targeting Nick." She said. "Kaitlin you're in big trouble." She added. We were now at the bottom of the stairs and we headed towards the line.

"Let's eat some food to make you feel better." Said Jade putting her arm around my shoulder.

***

There were two options, lunch A and lunch B. I felt weird, and uncomfortable. I just stood there looking at the menu.

"Kaitlin." My friend Sasha said, I heard her but I didn't listen. "Kaitlin?"

"Hm?" I said shaking my head.

"You still haven't ordered anything." She said.

"I spaced out, sorry."