Chapter 17: Back And Better

M o n e t

It's been a few months since I've been back to Atlanta . The last time I was there I found out that my bestfriend was cheating with my baby daddy and that my momma had just upped and moved .

Everything that happened made me want to stay even farther away from Atlanta . It took me only a week to find my mom and when I found her she was in her own one bedroom apartment and divorced .

I had missed a lot but she had enough time to tell me on our flight back to Dallas, yes I finally convinced her to move with me,  the twins and tyniah . And as far as I know my babydaddy is still being a nothing ass man and still sleeping with my former trifling bestfriend . When I actually put the pieces together it hurt more than anything but then I realized it was honestly my fault for putting hope in him .

That's all in my past now
, I needed to focus on the present . Right now I had just bought a nice 4 bedroom house it was kinda out of the way but out of the way was what I needed right now . Not anything too big but just enough space for my mother and my kids .

Yes I still strip but I plan on changing that in a couple weeks . Next week I planned on looking at a few shops that I could turn into salons . Imani claimed that she was going to help me look but I doubt her lazy ass even gets up early enough .

I had to work tonight at 11 but it was only 3 . I had plans at 5 to go out to lunch with Imani so we could talk about some shit that's been going on . Not only that but Imani had became my only friend that I really could talk to and I missed her even though it had only been a few days I hadn't seen her .

I got up off the couch to go into the kitchen and as soon as I started walking I felt my shadow walking behind me aka tyniah . Ever since she got the hang of walking she stayed on my heels . Wherever I went she was going too literally .

When I got into the kitchen I picked niah pooh up and sat her in her highchair and pulled it closer to the refrigerator . It was the beginning of June and we had lots of leftovers from the Memorial Day cooking my mother did . I took out the bowl of curry chicken and rice and the pan of cornbread . I broke a small piece off and went to put it in my mouth but niah screamed .

"MAAAAAAMA" she cried trying to get out the high chair . "You wanted some pooh butt" I asked putting a piece of cornbread in her mouth . I guess her scream scared my mom because she ran her crazy ass in the kitchen with her scarf half off .

"Mudda y yu scarf luk lik dat" I asked laughing . She sucked her teeth and fixed it before she went and sat on the couch and turned on some music . As soon as niah heard the music she stood up in highchair dancing and trying to move her hips like my mom was .

My mom came and picked her up and stood her up on the counter and she started dancing even harder . I started hyping her and recording her on snapchat .
"Get it pooh butt, get it get it get it, fuck em up pooh butt" niah started laughing so hard it made me and my mom laugh .

I finished warming my food up and took niah off the counter and we went into the living room . When I sat down I heard something fall the twins were up I said to myself before getting up and going into their room .

When I walked in it literally looked like a damn tornado had passed through the room . I was whooping somebody's ass
"But a wah di rass yu got 5 mins " I yelled and stood there until they started picking all the toys up off the floor .

"Sorry mommy" they both days with their sad puppy dog faces on . I couldn't help but to smile even though they always breaking and getting into shit .

I walked back in the living room with the twins on my heels . I made them sit down in front of the tv and I gave them both a bowl of lucky charm cereal .  After I got done eating I washed niah and the twins up before I got into the shower .

After a 30 minutes shower I hopped out and did my hygiene and put on some nike workout legging on and a sports bra . Once I got done getting dressed I went back into the bathroom and up wrapped my hair that was cut into a bob . I grabbed my phone and walked back into the living room .

I got niah diaper bag ready and put the twins shoes on . "Mudda I b bak" I said while closing the door after me the kids . When I got to the car I put niah into her car seat and the boys into theirs .

On my way to the restaurant that me and Imani were suppose to meet at I called her and told her I'd be there in about 20 minutes . As soon as I hung up my phone started ringing . It was an Atlanta area code I was hesitant on answering but I did anyway because it could be a emergency .

"Hello" I heard a mans voice come through the phone . "Who is this" I asked before starting a conversation . "Tone" when I heard his name my stomach dropped I hadn't talked to him since the day I found out he was fucking my bestfriend .

Before I could hang up he sighed and spoke again . "Wait mo, I'm only calling because I might be going away for a while and I want to see my daughter man" he rushed out all at once .

"I'll be down there before you go away" and I hung up with that . I swear I can't get away from Atlanta . It feels like it hunts my ass down every time I get away .

I guess I'll return to Atlanta once again ...

Words| 1070

Yes, yes, yes I'm back and better with the updates y'all !!!