Chapter Twelve - THE SORROW

GEORGINA

"Anastasia Chervin's room number please." I asked a woman in a powder blue scrub suit the moment I hit the nurse's station of the hospital's OB Ward.

"May I know first how are you related to her, Ma'am?" She asked me back politely.

"I'm her wife." I simply answered. She nodded in understanding and began to tap her desk's keyboard.

"Suite Room 404."

"Thank you." I walked out and started to search for the said room.

When I finally saw my wife's room number, I felt my heart's beating faster. I clench my fist so hard with the thought of Patricio.

"Georgina." I heard my mom called out my name when I got myself inside the room without knocking.

But my eyes were locked to where a peacefully sleeping woman wearing a fine printed hospital gown. My focus was with her that I did not bothered to take a glance at anyone who are currently inside the room.

I walk fast with my feet towards my sleeping beauty and tears began to fall when I saw a dark round lump forming on both corners of her lips. I slowly fell down on my knees as weakness and guilt took over me. I then lifted up my palm to slightly caress her cheek.

"How dare him for laying his hands on my precious gem! I'll make sure you'll gonna pay for this!" I swore to my self.

Anastasia began to move her head. She must have felt my palm on her face. Slowly she opened her eyes and tilted her head to search the person who's holding her right now.

"H-honey." She said on a cracking voice.

Still in tears I hush her and pecked a kiss on her forehead.

"Forgive me, Hon. Forgive me. I should not have left you. This would not have happened if I was right beside you. I'm sorry."

"Shhh. Please do not blame your self." She calmly told me and raised her hand to hold my shoulder.

"Tell me, Honey. Who did this to you? Is it Patricio?" I asked her.

She did not answer me thus she tilted her head on the opposite side and I heard her sob.

Hatred began to fire up inside me. He's gonna pay for this.

I stood up from kneeling and laid beside my wife. I positioned my self sideward and hugged her in my arms.

"Hush, Honey. I am already here. I'll never gonna leave your side. And I swear I'll let him pay for what he have done to you."

---

A couple of days had passed and everything seems back to normal and there is no longer a trace of the past on Anastasia's face. I also took a few weeks leave from my work to be with my wife.

While about Patricio, I hired a private investigator to track down that evil man and I was frustratedly informed that he flew to Russia a day after what he did to Anastasia. Lucky bastard.

It was 5 o'clock in the morning that I decided to wake up first before my wife do. I slowly got off from bed to make sure I won't be waking her up. I wore my red robe on and head downstairs to the kitchen.

I honestly do not know how to cook but I wanted to surprise my wife.

I have notice her appetite were not good lately. She seldom finish her plate and would just rather stare at me all the time.