Chapter Eleven - THE TRAGEDY

ANASTASIA

I feel a little bit sad knowing I would be sleeping alone in bed tonight. This is George's first night away from me and I am already missing her so much. I wanted to ring her phone to ask if how is she doing right now but I know it would just cause me to miss her more and I don't want to cause her any trouble at the same time for I know she's feeling the same way as well.

It's only 6 hours since she left, Anastasia. Don't be so clingy. I reminded my self.

"So how was it? To be Georgie's wife?" I was startled by the sudden voice I heard.

I am currently at our kitchen preparing for our dinner.

"Gosh, did I scared you?" Juneathe asked with a silly grin painted all over her face.

"I was frightened. I'm sorry. You were saying?"

"Oh. Well I was just asking how it feels like to be Georgie's wife?" She grabbed a stool behind her, made her self to sit and grabbed a green apple placed from the center basket of the marble table.

"It's awesome. She's a perfect wife indeed. I couldn't ask for more." I answered her with full honesty.

I was stirring the pan after pouring in the broccoli and as I tilted my head to look at her, I was surprise to see a grimace written on her face but suddenly changed it the moment she saw me looking at her.

"Are you okay, Juneathe?" I worriedly asked.

"Nah, I'm fine. I'm just hungry I guess."

"Don't worry. This won't take long."

"What are you cooking by the way?"

"Mom's fave. Stir fried beef with broccoli on oyster with sesame seeds."

"Cool. She would love that."

"Definitely. How about you? Looking at you, George was right. You look prettier and more blooming." I said as I turned off the stove, grabbed the pan and poured out my cooked dish over the oval bowl.

I saw her blushed and it made me smile.

"I don't know what you and George are talking about. Am I that really ugly before?"

I laughed. She's now using her British accent.

"Silly. You were born pretty. It's just that you look more gorgeous now compared before. That was what we meant."

"Oh, nothing really. As I've said, it's just a waste of time."

I raised my right eyebrow and was about to argue with her comment but Mom suddenly stepped in the kitchen.

"Having a serious conversation, girls?" She said while smiling at us sweetly.

Juneathe and I smiled at her in return.

"Just a girl thing, Mom."

"Hmn, did I just smelled my favorite dish?" Alright, Mom using her european accent as well. Geeze I missed them.

I chuckled. "Yep! Stir fried beef strips with broccoli on oyster sauce with sesame seeds."

"Oh, how I missed this darling. Too bad I needed to trim down eating beef lately. My cholesterol level is climbing up and my doctor said it's not good at my age."

I felt my Mom's sorrow. It's her favorite dish.

"I did not know about that. I'm sorry Mom. Let's just get something else to eat then. Perhaps I'll just call for a delivery."