Bonus; Chapter Fifty Two: Spider Boy

Steve's POV

It all started on a mission as most unusual things do. Tony and I were trying to apprehended a pair of thieves when out of the blue Tony comes crashing to the ground. He was covered in a white sticky substance resembling a web. Despite myself I had the urge to laugh but Tony cut me off with an angry growl. I glanced at the sky trying to slot what had taken down the ever invincible Iron Man.

"Can you stop gawking and help me?" Tony asked exasperatedly. With a smirk I grabbed a fist full of the strange material and pulled hard. There was a wet tearing sound and Tony came free. He got back to his feet did a once over of his armor and took off again. "Scan surrounding area for a second possible threat."

I sighed turning on my heel and running down the side street yet again. Up ahead I saw the boot belonging to one of the thieves disappear behind a corner. I skidded around it seconds later in hot pursuit. One of the criminals glanced back over his shoulder and raised his arm. A fun was fitted snugly in his palm. I heard the crack of the gun and deflected the bullet with my shield. "Any news on what that stuff was?"

"Yeah, some kind of engineered synthetic web. The tensile strength is off the charts!" I glanced up to see a streak of red and gold rocket across the sky. "Cap you're gonna want to take a left."

"Copy that." I swung a wide arch around the corner and came up short at a dead end. "Tony."

"Sorry I was facing you. My left is your right." I rolled my eyes despite the fact that he couldn't see me. Hurtling a trash can I was disappointed in the fact that I had lost all visual on the criminals.

"Are you tracking them?" I asked pausing to figure out which way to go next.

"Well I was..." Tony started.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked worriedly. Things didn't always work out when it had to do with Tony.

"It says they're in the next alley over to your right but they aren't moving." Tony stated with a hint of curiosity to his voice. Raising my shield I turned another sharp corner expecting harsh gun fire but nothing met my shield. I lowered it cautiously and glanced about. There wasn't a single item out of place. Not a single trash can was knocked over, there weren't and scuff marks, and there certainly wasn't blood, and most strangely there were no people. I had the urge to look up and what I saw caused my heart to skip a beat. Above my head were the two criminals bound together by the same stuff that had brought Tony crashing to the ground. There mouths were covered as well but even more curiously was the person wearing a red and blue suit.

"Who are you?" I asked observing the person who was crawling down the wall, a black slider design on his red and blue suit.

"Spiderman!" The person yelled but their voice rose in pitch halfway through the word. Whoever it was they were young. "Uh-hum...I mean...Spiderman! Hey my voice didn't crack!"

"Yeah, that didn't answer my question. Who are you and why did you apprehend two criminals and shoot my friend down with your...things?" I asked lowering my shield farther and trying to seem less formidable.

"Dude, they aren't things, they're webs!" The young boy dropped down next to me with a nonchalant air about him. "Besides I spotted them first and your friend was gonna get here before me."

"So you're the idiot that fired at me?" Tony remarked lowering down into the alley as well.

"If I was an idiot do you think I could have designed such cool equipment?" This kid was definitely sarcastic.

"Touché." Tony's mask slipped back exposing his face. His eyebrows were knit closely together meaning he was thinking. "So what are you exactly? A vigilante?"