Chapter Thirty

Natasha's POV

James fired first his bullet shanking to the right. Viper sprang into action a joyous laugh at the challenge. Steve intercepted Viper eagerly a furious expression etched in his features.

"I think it's time for a rematch!" Steve called slamming his shield into Viper who went flying across the room. A hand grabbed my arm tugging me away from the frenzy.

"Come on we have to get to the computer!" It was James dragging me across the room. Regaining my composure I paused as he directed me to the correct station. Pulling on the headset my fingers flew across the keys.

"Get through the firewall, after that you can contact anyone you want." In an instant he was gone leaving me to complete my task. I could hear the sound of bullets through the headset. Scrunching up my eyes I calmed my beating heart, my entire body screaming at me to help them. Each second was painful but soon the computer unlocked and I was inside the inner software. If I could just connect to one of SHIELD's private lines. As the codes ran through the firewall looking for an opening I busied myself in searching the computer's files. I needed to show them where we were but I didn't exactly know what 'where' was.

"Come on, come on." My hands shook in anticipation and worry. Finally I located a file. It had been deleted but it wasn't completely erased. Piecing together the fragments I scanned it quickly. It was a report. The location wasn't specified but it was riddled with clues. Luckily there was an outline of the invasion plan. It looked as if this report was a sort of progress report. Either way it would have to do I wouldn't waste anymore time. As I retrieved the file the firewall was brought down. It wasn't long before I traversed the secrets of the internet and connected to a hotline. There wasn't an answer for what felt like years.

"This is SHIELD." It was Maria. Temporary relief ran through me.

"Maria don't talk listen! I'm okay and I'm with Steve. I'm sending you a file with updates on what's been happening at the facility we've been kept in. There's an invasion and we need to stop it but we're still stuck on the compound. You'll know what to do. In the mean time Scarrlet, Thor, Tony, and Bruce have been brainwashed. They aren't themselves and the enemy is exploiting them as weapons." A loud bang caused my skin to crawl but I didn't break focus instead I talked faster. My words were shooting out a million miles an hour. " The others, Hope and I are currently working on finding a way out. We'll help if we can."

"Natasha-" She started in panic and surprise.

"See you on the other side!" With that I ended the call and pressed send. All I could hope was that what little information I had given them would be enough. A loud angry yell shook me back to reality. Steve went flying and slammed hard into one of the computer panels next to me. His nose was bleeding profusely. Spitting out a wad of blood he got to his feet. Glancing around I noted Viper was on top of James' cover. In seconds Viper would spot him. Without thinking I fired a shot.

"Look who wants to play!" He spat turning towards me. Steve thrust his shield forward Viper barely dodging it in time. His cold eyes were focused entirely on me.

"Steve, get James out of here. Take him to the others." I ordered. Steve's phase morphed into surprise but a single look of mine silenced him.

"Ah, ah, ah. No one's leaving here alive." Viper hissed. As if on cue dozens of armored men rushed into the room. With a leap Steve was standing over James deflecting any bullets that sought them out. Wheeling around I slipped under a metal desk as the gunfire rained down. Sucking in a deep breath I tried to assess the situation. The men were above us on the catwalk. The Catwalk's bracers were thin but many. Nothing I couldn't fix. Pressing my belt I rotated it until a small black hourglass rested in my palm. Pressing the center it elongated into a sort of throwing star X. Careful to not get blasted to pieces I tossed it at the platform. The dark metal my weapon was made of was the second hardest metal in the world. It sliced through the bracers like butter.