Chapter Four

Steve's POV

None of us saw Natasha for the rest of the day. She was locked up in her room and refused to open the door for anyone. Clint and I had tried numerous times and each time we received the silent treatment. I had tried taking my mind off of what had happenned earlier by exercising but no amount of physical exertion could override my brain. After that I had done little tasks to keep me occupied such as, helping Thor polish his hammer, set up targets for Clint, give Tony a shoulder rub, and even making Scarlett lunch when she had asked for it. Performing these small rituals helped but here I was alone in my room laying on my bed with nothing to do. It was hours before sleep decided to claim me and even then it was almost pointless. I tossed and turned all night never really finding a comfortable position.

When I woke up the next morning to the faint sound my alarm I readied myself for the day. Once dressed and presentable I made my way to the kitchen where I found the others. All of them, even me, seemed tired, sluggish, and worried. Sitting down to a breakfast that Scar had taken the liberty of making I chewed mechanically, the taste not registering. As the minutes ticked on and there was only the sound of a few forks or knives closing around Tony, who I hadn't noticed was missing, strode into the room his face alight with excitement.

"Oh no, he's got that evil genius look." Scarlett warned. Tony having heard this waved her comment away.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I have an announcement. Having talked to Fury we have been given the day off. So, realizing we needed a bit of a pick me up, I have a surprise." Clint groaned and Thor looked worried.

"Your surprises are strange. They often do not excite us." Thor said speaking hesitantly. Tony rolled his eyes in exasperation.

"Believe me Goldy Locks you will like this. So if you care to follow me we will proceed in today's events." Watching him leave I debated on whether to follow him or not. I wasn't sure if this was going to end badly and if I did follow I would only be encouraging bad behavior. Scarlett shrugged and stood being the first to take Tony up on his offer. Clint followed then Thor. Sighing I also made my way to the living room. Tony stood in front of everyone almost like a commander giving orders.

"Today my friends we are going to play a game.Most of you may have no idea what this game is, I will explain later, but without further a due I present Just Dance!" He gestured towards the tv where a white rectangular box was plugged in with an assortment of hand held devices beside it. Clint who seemed to be the only one enthused by this ran over and grabbed the small stick like control.

"I get to pick first." He called.

"Fine. Anyways here's how it works." Tony took his time carefully explaining to us what we were supposed to do. What I learned from this was that we were playing a game on the rectangular box which was a Wii. We each got one of the stick controlers to hold. When the song started you were supposed to mimick the dance moves of the people on the tv screen. Who ever does the best at mimicking and gets the highest score wins.

Holding the stick in my hand I stood in front of the screen with Clint to my left ,Tony to my right, and Thor on the right of Tony. Apparently this was a practice round and according to Tony I probably needed it. There was a click from the speakers every time Clint passed over a song. He had gone through the list three times already before finally stopping on one picture that had become familiar by now. Y.M.C.A whatever that was.

"This is going to be good!" He said smiling. Once the song was selected it was time for us to pick our characters. Tony immediately called the guy with the sombrero while Clint called the person with the helmet. Tony picked for Thor saying that the guy in the British flag pants had good hair just like Thor's. That left me with the only person left. The one with the beard. Once we were ready Clint started the song and soon we were dancing. It took me a minute to figure out what to do while Clint appeared to have it memorized.