Chapter Five

Clint's POV

I was sound asleep when I heard it. Something I had grown awfully accsustomed to over the years but something I hadn't heard in a long time. Before I could move, my door was practically knocked down by Thor.

"I request your service please." Getting up I dressed as fast as I could in my suit. My fingers trembling at the sudden rush of adrenaline.Hurriedly I followed him out of the door and down the lengthy hall our steps quick. The noise was blaring through the speakers a painful loud buzzing that I did my best to block out. Tony had to make it extremely loud just for me since my hearing wasn't exactly great.  Running into the control room I saw Tony frantically typing away on a keyboard.

"What's the situation?" I asked looking over his shoulder.

"Someone managed to break into a secured computer line." He said angrily while frantically moving his fingers. "I haven't had a successful security breach like this in years."

"What about your defenses?" Thor asked standing with his arms crossed and the corners of his mouth turned down.

"I don't know how they did it. I have fire walls beyond anything most people have ever seen and serious coding. You would have to be a genius to get through, and by genius I mean you would have to be me." Just then Cap strode in with his suit on and shield in hand.

"Clint what's the situation?" Quickly filling him in I turned back to Tony.

"Damn it!" He yelled slamming a fist down on his desk. Again the door slid open and in walked Tasha, Fury, Maria, Scarlett, and other agents all of them dressed and ready. "They got in and now I can't get them out."

"How is that even possible?" Steve asked the only one who seemed to keep a level voice.

"That's the thing I don't know!" Tony called. Nat took her place at the computer next to Tony seeing as how she was the only other one of us here that knew anything about hacking and computers. Her fingers clicked the keys flicking furiously as her eyes darted across the screen her brain in overdrive.

"Tony I've got a trace." She piped up as other agents took up their spots and set to work as well. With monitors going and fingers tapping I waited in anxious silence. The last time anything like this had happened it was because of Ultron though I hoped this wasn't as extreme. I was hoping to go back to bed. Watching we all waited for anything to happen. Nat and Tony talked to each other in what sounded like gibberish.

"Got it!" Tony called in excitement dragging his mouse. "Wait what?"

Suddenly all of the computer screens went black and panicked voices filled the room. Some of the agents trying to figure out what had gone wrong.

"What just happened?" I asked. Tony was clicking and tapping but whatever he was trying to do it wasn't working. Every single monitor went dead.

"Tony can you reboot?" Fury called looking over Maria's shoulder as she too tried her best to get everything up and running.

"I can try but there are no guarantees." With that Tony stood taking off down the hall in the direction of his lab.

"What do we do?" I asked Fury gesturing to the rest of us.

"We go on full lock down. We have no idea what the threat is and I'm not taking any chances." After the destruction of SHIELD's first base and the tower we weren't risking anything. None of us wanted to start from scratch again. Wheeling around on my heel I went to a code panel on the wall which for some reason was working perfectly. Pressing in a few buttons a clicking sound signaled the beginning phase of the lock down. All of the entrances would be locked first, then surveillance would be turned on to keep an eye on the outside, though it wouldn't matter since we couldn't use the computers to check the cameras, then the windows would be covered.