Calling out

Chapter 31

It has been months since I woke up near the forest. I haven't gotten any of my memories back but what hurts the most is that know one has looked for me, know one reported me as missing. Every night for weeks, I sat awake, trying to figure out if I was a horrible person or if I was cruel, I must have done something terrible in my past, that know one wants to find me, every day I feel the ache in my heart grow, its like my heart is calling out to someone else's but I'm too far away for them to feel it calling out for them.

                                  James has been helping me adjust to my knew life, he found me that day while I was looking out at the ocean and has been a great friend to me since. I have been staying in his house, in his spare room. I don't know how old I am, so I got a job in the local library instead of going to school, I like the peace and quite it provides, so I can think straight. I found out I had tattoos on my body the first day, when James pointed out the one on my shoulder and the one going down my spine, I found the other one later, I would like to think they mean something, that I didn't just chose random designs and put them on my body. I have been trying to find them in books, so I can find out what the symbols on my back mean, I have a rose with torns wrapping around my thigh and a beautiful rose with three unopened buds on my shoulder with unusual writing with it. I know it sounds strange but I know deep down inside me, they mean something. I have only one more book section to go through, it is the section on mythical creatures. I have been trying to find out more about my chain aswell, the stone looks like it have different colour mixing together in it, the strangest thing is I can't get it off, it won't open for me or anyone, I can't even get it cut off, it broke the cutter.

                              I grab my bag and put two of the mythical creatures books in, I probaly won't find answers but I have looked through every other section, I might aswell try these ones, I turn off all the lights and lock the door. Its only a ten minute walk to James house, but I have to walk through a few unlit areas. I should of let James walk me home, I said no, because he is becoming to affectionate with me lately, I know he is going to make his move soon, his brief touches make me cringe, I feel like Im cheating, even do that person my heart is aching for hasn't come looking for me. I am snapped out of my thoughts when I heard someone following me, their footsteps are nearly silent but I can hear them, I stay walking but I keep myself aware.

           I hear the footstep speed up and before I know what is happening, my bodys instincts took over, I grabbed the hands that tried to drag me into a empty street, something in me screamed vampire, as I threw him over my shoulder landing him hard on the ground, he jumped to his feet with inhuman speed, he came running at me, I kicked him hard into the chest sending him flying into a wall, I heard him hiss, before he came running at me again, with what looked like knives coming out of his fingers, before I knew what was happening I had a fire ball in my hand and I threw it at him, his body was engulfed in flames within seconds, I stood their shocked, looking at my hand, did I really just do that, I killed someone, but I know in my mind, it screamed vampire, what the hell is going on? I ran with inhuman speed back to James house, opened the door and went straight into my room.

                                               I looked at myself in the mirror, my eyes were glowing, the amber standing out more than every before. I took in deep breaths, trying to relax myself. I paced til I felt myself calm a bit, a knock at my door startled me, "Are you okay, Jessica?" James asked, I cringe when I hear the name Jessica, I couldnt remember my own name, so James picked me one, I know its not my name, and every time I get called by it I hate it more and more, because its not my real name and I know it, its a constant reminder that I don't know who I am. I took a deep breath and answered,

"I'm okay James, just had to change my clothes, I spilt coffee on them on my way home" I said. I face palmed myself, dear god why am I so stupid at coming up with excuses.

"Okay, well I have dinner ready for you downstair" he said.

"Oh thank you, I will just finishing changing and I will be down" I said.

I listened to his footstep as he went down the stair, I took a deep breath, and looked for something to change into. I grabbed a white tank top and grew tracksuit bottoms and my grey and white converse and I let my hair down. After one more look in the mirror to make sure my eyes have changed to normal, when I was happy when I saw they had, I then started to make my way out of my room and down the stairs, praying this won't be awkward.

                     James pulled my chair out for me, when I went to sit down, I smiled and him and said "thank you". I started to eat but I could feel his heated stares towards me. I swear I can nearly smell his arousal, even do I know that's not possible, I move awkwardly in my chair, his stares make me nervous. I looked up and caught his eyes, he didn't look away, he wasnt embarrased at me catching him staring. He smiled at me, and I knew what was coming next.

"Jessica, your so beautiful, I don't know how anyone could not look for you, please give me a chance to make you happy, I'm just asking for one date, if your still not interested, I promise I won't ask again, just one chance is all I'm asking for" he said.

"You will give up if I'm not interested after the date? I said.

" I won't ask again if your not, promise" he said.

Okay I have two choices I thought, say no and he will keep asking, making me feel awkward or I could go and he will leave me alone afterwards.

"Okay, one date" I said.

"Thank you, you won't regret it, we can go to a club after dinner, is tomorrow night ok" he said

"Yeah that sounds good" I said. I am going to need a good bit of drink to act like Im given him a fare chance, when I know he could never claim my heart, someone out there already own it completely, I just wished I ment enough to them, to look for me. I gave James a smile, and looked back at my dinner, trying to keep my tears from spilling out.