The day I lost everything

chapter 28

After talking to Aphrodite and Ares, I went to join the others to make sure everything is in place. Trent's pack meeting will be starting in twenty minutes, that small window of opportunity is all we have, if we want to make sure the pack is safe. Just like the other packs we helped, we have an insider, things are a little more complicated this time, as the ones we plan to kill are the leaders of the coven, I have told everyone who I wanted to take out, I didn't explain why but they knew by me not to argue.

                      There are more demonic vampires in this coven, so our team is larger and all recruits have been brought in for this, instead of three of us entering, these will be nine, four vampires and four werewolves and me. The only concern I have about this team is Kayla, she hasn't found her mate, she is a good fighter but I always questioned in my own mind about where her loyalties stand. She has been extra jumpy in the last couple of attacks, but then again it could be because were taking out vampires, her race, even if they are demonic. But I have two on our team I trust with my life, Dean and Jack, we have saved each other a few times over the last month.

                                            I met back with the other agents in my kitchen. Everything is in place, it is going to take six of our recruits to get everyone out safely, I just hope Trent s vampire friends understand why this had to be done, why they can't be left alive. I'm making sure I get Daniel and the other monster Lucas, they were the ones I saw kill my family, I want my face to be the last one they will ever see, its just a pity they won't be alive to live through the nightmares I have had for years because of them.

                              I grab my weapons, I slide my sword into the strap, I place my gun in my holders and a dagger in each boot. I hide my mothers chain under my fighting gear. I look towards everyone and nodded, letting them know its time to move. We take the jeeps close to the coven s building. We get out as quite as possible as everyone moves towards the house, falling into position. All the demonics and their leader from what our insider has told us, are all in the leader office located at the back of the house. We are using explosives again, we need to stun them and hopefully injure them from the glass exploding in on them. Anything that can be an advantage for us we need to use it.

              We stay waiting and watching for the signal to come, so we can start. I can hear my blood rushing through my veins as my heart thumps wildly, this is the moment I have been waiting for all my life. The time has finally come. After five minutes we get the signal, Jack and  Dean throw the explosives, and a couple of seconds later we hear the glass crack and shatter as the explosives go off. We start running, each with our weapons ready, again I am first through, I look around but can't see Daniel but I do see Lucas and that's who I head for, he has a sick smile on his face as he licks his lips while looking at me like I'm the tastiest dinner he has seen in years.

          As the fighting starts around us, Lucas and I circle each other, I'm looking for his weak spot to hit, but like all demonics we have fought, he is impatient and charges towards me with his nails extended, I hold the handle of my sword sideways as as he comes closer, I side step him hitting him full force in the temple with the handle of my sword, and I watch him stagger, dazed from the blow, another demonic vampire come for me, I bury my sword in his neck, pull it out and cut his head off. I turn back to Lucas to see he is starting to get steady again, he is on his hunkers leaning forward with his hand in front of him, keeping him balanced, I walk closer to him and knee him under the chin as hard as possible, I then heard his neck break, I have left his body paralyzed temporarily, I pull his head back by the hair and make him look at me, " I will be the last face you ever see, you killed my parents, the goddess Freya, my mother, Aphrodite and Ares daughter and my father Martin Grey, one of the council leaders" I said in a harsh whisper so the others couldnt hear, I watched realisation flash across his face, " You never stopped what your were afraid of happening, you just made sure your biggest fear, wanted your blood more than anything in this world, I have been hunting you all these years and I finally found you! and get to send you straight to hell" I said as my eyes flashed from amber to black, I stepped back and swung my sword slicing hip head off.