Oikawa Tooru ~ Firsts

Comincia dall'inizio

"Of course!" He beamed, standing up straight and taking her phone from her. "What's your name?"

"L-L/N Y/N," the girl answered, mentally cursing herself for stuttering. "And you?"

"I'm Oikawa Tooru. My friend over there, Mad Dog-chan has no manners," he tutted, shaking his head as you peered past him to the boy he had labelled as "Mad Dog-chan."

He sent her a glare which she thought could've murdered her in seconds if looks could kill and she shuddered slightly, turning her attention back to the refreshing Oikawa Tooru.

"L/N-san? Hello, this is Oikawa Tooru, one of Y/N-chan's friends from school. She'll be home late today because she got hit in the face with a volleyball by one of my teammates. So rude... What? Is she ok? Oh, yeah she's fine, I just got her an ice pack and she hasn't passed out yet so that's a good sign. Am I her boyfriend? Oh, ha! No, no, I'm just a friend."

Y/N giggled at the side of the conversation from Oikawa's perspective, imagining her mother flipping out at this point.

"I will return her back home after practise, L/N-san," he concluded proudly before hanging up and handing the girl her phone back.

"Real smooth, Tooru," she snickered, putting the phone back in her bag.

Oikawa placed a hand on his heart proudly and the other on his hip, standing up straight.

"Call me Mr. Smooth, Y/N-chan," he replied, a smirk on his face.

Just as Y/N was about to respond to that, one of Oikawa's teammates cut her off.

"Come on, Shittykawa! You can flirt with your girlfriend later, we have a match to finish off!"

Y/N felt her cheeks heat up then, and she was happy that she had her ice pack to cool herself off otherwise she would be dead meat.

"So rude, Iwa-chan!" Oikawa pouted before running back over to his team to continue the match, and you watched as he played like a God, serving with just enough power to catch his other teammates off guard and snag a few extra points.

~*~

About twenty minutes later, Oikawa and Y/N returned the ice pack back to medical, the nurse asking the girl if she was ok to which Y/N responded with a nod and a bow, before the boy was walking her home. Even though he lived on the other side of town and Y/N insisted that he go home so he wasn't walking home in the dark, Oikawa refused and continued walking with her.

They had a nice time walking home, both teenagers finding out different things about the other - Y/N finding out that Tooru liked aliens and Tooru finding out that Y/N had always wanted a pet (favourite animal) - and they both just had a good laugh.

They arrived at Y/N's house too soon in her opinion, as she found herself wishing that she could talk to Oikawa for longer, but when she pulled out her phone that night, she felt a smile creep up onto her face when she saw Oikawa had saved his number into her phone before calling her mother.

She chuckled and immediately texted him, saying:

You sly dog.

~*~

It wasn't long after meeting Y/N, that did Oikawa start to develop feelings for her. That had their own routine: Oikawa would pick Y/N up from her house in the mornings, the two of them would walk to school together, then Y/N would wait for him after his volleyball practice, making sure not to get hit by any balls.

He soon realised into a month of their friendship, the two of the actually had a lot in common. Even though Y/N wasn't very big on volleyball, Tooru discovered that they watched the same animes, listened to the same music, and Y/N didn't tease him for believing in aliens - at least not like Iwa-chan. He also realised that Y/N was more outgoing around him than anybody else, which made him feel special.