15: Hearts Grew Fonder

HEY LOVES ❤️

Please don't be mad at me 😅. I took a week break Bc I update three times that week. Please don't be mad *pouts*

Here is just a little filler fun Laurmani chapter for you guys ❤️

Enjoy~
__________________________________________________

Normani took another spoonful of her cereal as she listened to Camila continue her rant about the book she was currently reading.

"So apparently Clarisse is killed and it makes Montag go all types of deep. Literally he starts questioning everything."

Normani shook her head, "That book is strange."

"Fahrenheit 451 is an American Classic. I can't believe I haven't read it earlier. I've deprived myself of good books by stuffing my face in my phone."

The brown skin girl shook her head once and spoke before bringing the bowl of milk to her lips, "I still find it weird. Why burn books for a living ?"

Before Camila could respond, a presence appeared before the two girls.

There, in his work uniform, Ruben stood, avoiding eye contact and twiddling his thumbs, "It's time for work Camila. We should get going."

The Cuban girl nodded and gave her friend a hug, "I'll see you when I get back, okay ?" Normani nodded, making Camila nod also, "Oh ! And has Dinah... You know ?"

Sadly, the brown skin girl shook her head. It's been a solid three days since the Ally incident and Dinah hadn't uttered a word to anyone. Not even to Normani, and it was beginning to scare her.

Her best friend that was light hearted and would never shut up, gave cold stares and remained quiet. Normani had tried numerous times to get Dinah to talk but had given up once the Polynesian girl had shoved her aggressively.

"Whatever Dinah's going through, she needs to speak up for God's sake. Fucking pushing me like random hoe on the street," Normani thought to herself as she washed her dish, "I'm not some random hoe on the street, I'm her God damn best friend."

~~~

Kehlani strolled down the hallway, greeting pack members with a smile. It was a nice day and she was planning on just relaxing. She didn't need to go to Loup Blanc and she was just going to cool it.

Halfway down the hallway, the mixed girl greeted Normani who simply smiled and waved, making her way to the end of the hallway.

"Of course she's going to go see Lauren." The tattooed girl muttered while smiling. She loved how happy the two girls made her best friends. Hopefully someday she'll find her mate.

That idea made a certain question pop into her mind. How was Dinah ? She hadn't seen the girl in nearly, what ? A week ? Even though Kehlani wasn't around her as frequently as her two best friends, she did speak with Dinah occasionally.

Being the thoughtful girl she was, Kehlani paced her way towards Dinah and Normani's room. Knocking on the door lightly, the older girl didn't get a response.

"Well that's strange." Kehlani thought as she lightly entered the room. There in the once vibrant room with life was now a dead dull room with shut blinds and a silent Dinah. The Polynesian girl's back was towards the door. Kehlani prayed that the girl was alive because she looked practically dead.

"If I didn't answer to the knocking, what makes you think I want you in the room ?" The Pacific Islander girl's voice caught Kehlani by surprise. It was so raspy and out of character, she nearly though that somebody else spoke to her.