Taking Olympus back Part 7

"I'll admit I don't like the color. The off white is repulsive, it should be pure. If you ask me that is." Hera droned on. I didn't ask. "The video on the projection screen wasn't as crystal clear as usual either, you didn't do to well at filming the demo video. Do note that for next time- and for heavens sake are you sure these script codes match up correctly, Athena?" Hera asked tapping the Projection Grid with her pen, and checking my math. Its basically like an Ipad thats transparent and floats in mid air.

"If I'm right, which I usually am." I said getting annoyed. Hera, like many other gods, always checked everything I did in hopes that I messed up somewhere.  She never learned.  My math skills were far beyond anyone else's.  I helped develope math for gods sakes.  Their efforts were in complete vain, and for some reason made me feel like everyone was set out to make sure I failed.  I wonder why.

"It just doesnt make any sense. If you take the speed before impact which is 0.0000000010 at a velocity of 39.72 feet then the destuction rate should be at least-"

" 88.39% by your math, but if you carry the 2 you'll get what I got which is 99.674%" I turned around to see her flicking at one of the control grids of an Olympian Missile. " Unless you want that missile to blow a hole through the lab I suggest you not touch... anything." She immediatly pulled her hand back and glanced around the lab. It deffinetly didnt match the feel of the rest of the house. The rest of the house was elegant, and the lab was just a cold and somewhat messy place. Arounds the room there were desktops with blueprints, scrap metal, parts to missiles or robots, scrap paper, hardrives, tools. Really anything I need.  This lab embodied me.  Full of ideas just waiting to be put together in a materialistic form.

"Well, I'm very impressed. This is a solid weapon. The Romans would pay through the nose for something like this. It would definitely protect them against their enemies, shared enemies of ours perhaps."  Hera said jokingly, breaking me out of my thinking.  She also had a habit of doing that.  Why was she talking about the Romans?  And again, why was she talking about them having MY missile?  I'd die before I'd see my weapon in their scummy hands.

"Lets hope they never get a weapon like this!" I laughed humorlessly. "They'd no doubt used it against us in an instant."'

" Maybe... Maybe not." Hera made a sour face and shrugged. " Anyways... You and Ares? What exactly did I walk in on earlier. I had thought that ship had sailed."  Hera sat down in a chair across from my desk.  She looked at me intently, waiting for me to spill my heart out to her like a normal girl would do with her mom.

Sometimes I wished my mom was here.  When I was conceived, Zeus was given a prophocy, saying I would take over his throne and one day rule the land.  My father, being as arrogant and young as he was, killed my mother, therefore ensurring no offsprings from her.  That is, until I sprang from his head, a young girl still but fully dressed in armor and ready to go.

Because of my dad, I would never get to have talks with my mom about Ares or anyone else for that matter.  Every issue I've had, I had to keep bottled up.  No one was really there for me.  Hera was a good step mom... But shes not my real mom, and she never made any real effort to be a maternal figure for me unless it benefitted her.

"That ship HAS sailed. Theres not much to say, I'm afraid..." I said, shrugging my shoulders.  

Hera eyed me in one of those looks that pierce through your soul.  "My dear, dear Athena... You were always such a quiet child.  Yet even when you weren't saying anything, I could read you like a book.  You know what I think, my dear?"  She hesitated, making sure I was listening.  "I think your hurt goes deeper than Ares.  I think somewhere deep, deep down you've always been hurt.  About your mother espeacially.  You've had a hard time letting go of the fact that she left you."