08. Dirty-Little Secrets

Start from the beginning

"Bella wants you dead because your protective of her , but she secretly loves that about you. "

"Look at us.", Klaus turned and faced Stefan, "Two sad orphans."

"Yeah." he chuckled as he nodded his head. 

Klaus turned and face Rebekah and Mirabella talking to another man. Mirabella looked bore out of her mind, which she was in fact, and Rebekah had an evil glint in her eye. It was like she was trying to make a certain Salvatore jealous. Which she was of course.

Klaus turned to Stefan, "My sister fancies you, you know."

"Well of course she does or she would never have said yes to my proposal."

"No not Mirabella, Rebekah."

"What?"

"Well lets just say, Mirabella always got the boys attention and never wanted it but Rebekah, she never got the attention and she actually wanted it, so when you came around and Mirabella finally wanted a boy's attention, it just had to have been one Rebekah had a crush on."

"Huh. Well if you're worried about any of your sisters, don't be. I've got my eyes set on one honey-blonde girl and I plan on marrying her."

"I will warn you about Rebekah, she doesn't do anything half-speed, and that includes falling in love. So just be careful. She's totally mad. But Mirabella is good for you, she wouldn't have said yes to your rushed proposal if she didn't truly love you." 

Both the man started laughing and Stefan patted Klaus' back, " Thanks for the advice.", Stefan's face suddenly turned serious, " Speaking of marriages, as you know, Mirabella and I are getting married tomorrow, nothing big just a courthouse, Rebekah, you, her, and me. I was wondering if you would be my best-man."

To say Klaus was shocked was an understatement. He was honored and touched. Nik smiled and nodded his head as his eyes lit up. He never knew what it was like to have a true friend, until the Salvatore cam along. He finally had someone to trust and he loved the feeling. 

"You're a good friend, Nik.", Stefan raised his glass, "I'm glad I met you."

________________________

Klaus raised his glass to Stefan after recounting a memory, "To friendship."

Stefan raised his glass to Klaus' causing a 'clink' sound to be made before hastily drank his shot. 

Mirabella had gone to the bathroom to change her outfit, she came back out to find the two men bonding. "What did I miss?"

"Oh. I was just telling your husband or ex-husband, about how he asked me to be his best-man at your courthouse wedding."

"A trip down memory lane. Speaking of memory, why do I not have mine Nik. You can't compel me. So what the bloody hell is going on?"

"If you must know the truth, On your wedding day I had Gloria link your's and Stefan's memories, so that when he forgot about you, you forgot about him. I knew Mikael would eventually find us and you would be apposed to running with us so I had a failsafe if that happened,  which it did of course." 

"Well then why is Rebekah daggered?

"Well thats a whole 'nother story"

"Knowing my sister, she was probably in love with Stefan, but in my book it's just a crazy obsession, am I right?" 

"Bingo."

"Not really surprised. So she loved him to much to leave and ended up in that dandy coffin you carry around everywhere."