Chapter 2

"Good luck!" He shouted, behind her.

Tabitha walked nervously over to where he stood by the table. Once she reached it, she took a deep breath. "Hi." She breathed, feeling incredibly nervous. He was gorgeous, and she was in awe.

"Aye. What's up?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing. Just me...being here." She said, giggling nervously.

His eyes seemed to pierce through her. It was like he was looking for something, making sure something was there. He took a deep breath, breathing her in. She smelled like.. peaches. Lots and lots of peaches. He loved peaches.

"Heh..True." He said, sounding bored.

"So, what's your name?" She asked, smiling.

She was trying to strike up a conversation, he could sense that. She was a really nice person for doing that, he thought.

"Lionel. Lionel Black." He said, winking. When he winked, involuntary shivers ran through her system, sending chills down her spine.

"Ok cool ..See you in class..." She said, slowly backing away.

He had her in his grasp now. After the wink, he saw her knees buckle. No one would expect the jock of the school to take interest in the little black girl, but he was about to. "Sure. Save me a seat." He asked, smiling as she left.

When she walked back to Roland, she was grinning. "Someone looks overjoyed!" He teased, chuckling. He was glad that she had finally said something to that guy. She'd been drooling over him for 2 months now.

"Ha-ha, knock it off." She said, blushing happily.

The lunch bell rang, and as students flooded to thier classrooms, Tabitha stood still. Lionel walked past her, winking with a smile.

"Breathe, Tabz!" Roland commanded, laughing. She was really having trouble getting air. If a normal guy like this did this to her, he wondered what celebrities did to her.

"...Trying..." She said, daydreaming about the wink.

When she made it to her class, she remembered him asking her to save him a seat. So, she walked over to 2 empty seats, sat in one, and put her backpack in the other.

Soon, the door to the classroom opened. A boy with dark brown hair, hazel eyes, and a silver earring that turned into a feather towards the bottom, came in; Lionel. He wasn't as white as everyone thought , now that she really looked at him. In fact, she truly didn't understand why they every confused him with one. He had reddish skin and looked more indian than anything else. She looked down, embarrassed that she had spent so much time analyzing him, even if it was just in her mind. Nervously, she patted the seat next to her removing her backpack.

"Thanks!" He mouthed, walking over to where she sat.

All girls eyes were on the empty seat next to her. No one could believe that Lionel even WANTED to sit next to Tabitha. She had a habit of being...weird. Tabitha's heartbeat quickened with every step he took.

Once he sat down, Lionel looked nervous. This was something Tabitha wasn't used to seeing. She thought he always had a cool head, never even DREAMING about being scared. But, it seemed like even he felt these things.

After what seemed like hours, Lionel leaned towards her. "I don't know if you understand this or not, but I will soon be an alpha of my pack." He said, whispering.

Tabitha really couldn't make sense of what he was saying. Why was he telling her this? What could she use this info for?

"W-why are you telling me this?" She asked, shyly. He breathed in, looking as though he was building up to tell her something important. Her breath caught in her chest, thinking about all the things he could be about to say.

"Because," He said, gravely serious. "You're my mate."