14

Learning from Mr. Spindle - 14

Just a few more days then I won't see Mike anymore. It's been so hard without him but he moved on with a better person. Someone not damaged like me. I have keep away the best I can but it's hard with him being my teacher.

I'm so tried all the time. I can't eat, can't sleep, I don't think I can handle much longer. I think in the back of my mind that I believed Mike would come home from Disney and realize he wanted me then he would have Chad run him here to tell me he made a mistake and that he did want me. That didn't happen.

I suppose the one good thing that's came from this is I have started to write about my feelings and I found there a lot I didn't know I was holding in. I put down my pen and started to get a drink when someone knocked on the door.

I smiled it must be Chad he comes by or text daily to see if I'm ok. I will miss his friendship but he is Mikes friend not mine. Pulling myself out of my thoughts I open the door to see Mike standing there, I can't breath the room starts to spin and that's all I remember before I wake up on the bed.

Laying beside me is Mike he has me in his arms and I just want to cry. How can he hold me like that when he is with Cindy? Men never care the just take what they want and careless if the girl gets hurt.

I tried to move to get up out of the bed. When Mike pulled me closer and said let's rest some more I haven't slept in days. He must be dreaming he with Cindy so I try again.

Mike rolled a little and said Tori baby please don't leave me. I froze did he just say that or was he dreaming? Did I just hear that or is it my mind playing tricks on me?

Mike must have got startle cause he sits up and ask me if I am ok. I look in his beautiful eyes and then close mine. I took a deep breath and asked Mike what are you doing here and what do you want?

I have to get ready for school and you need to go you have work. Thinking that would be the end of this little visit I start to get up when Mike takes my hand and said we need to talk things are not what you think.

I smiled and told him everything's fine and he can go on with his life that I would always be thank for him helping get me away from Steve and that I won't mess up his life with Cindy. Not to worry I will never tell anyone that he was the one that helped me.

NO! he yelled and I ducked thinking he was going hit me like Steve had so many times. Mikes face fell and he touch my face. He looked at me and said I would never hit you Tori. Your the love of my life. I would never hurt you on purpose.

I smiled and said you did hurt me but it's ok you gave me more than I deserved. You made me better and for that I will always be great full. Mike starts getting mad and said for once your going to listen to me.

He was so mad but I wasn't scared I suppose in my heart I know he won't hurt me. Not physical anyway. I looked up and said ok talk then please just move on I'm sure Cindy wouldn't like you being here.

Mike walked back and forth for a few minutes then he came over bent down between my legs at the bed and put his hands on my sides pinning me in so I couldn't get up.

Mike cleared his throat and said Tori I am not with Cindy nor do I want to be. I was never with her. I looked up and said why lie? He closed his eyes and said I never was with her.

That's it I am mad now so I yell I know I'm dumb but you are with her I seen with my own eyes. Don't make this worse. Mike said no you are going to hear me out then I will leave you alone so just listen.

I said ok very quite and Mike started over. Tori the day you ask about Cindy she had tried to flirt with me in the library but I just played it off. I didn't want you thinking bad of me after what happen last time with Becky so I didn't say anything.

I looked up and said I know I was there in the library that day. You just didn't see me. Mikes face was so shocked. He said why didn't you just say so I would have told you nothing was going on?

I told Mike that I did ask but he got mad and acted like it was me that had done wrong. Mike I went to bed and the next day you just left and when I got to school you wouldn't even look at me. You sat here having all your fun with her and I just couldn't take anymore so I left.

It's not like you came after me or anything. Why would you when you can be with a normal women and not be with someone so damaged. Mike grab my face and said its my turn to tell you a few things.

I did not want Cindy at any time! I did try to find you! I didn't know where you where and it was killing me. He said Tori please understand when I got to the school that day for the trip, Mrs. Berry said some of the kids had been making comments about you falling for me and she said for me to stay away from you for this trip.

She said that she didn't want a repeat of Becky. That's why I tried to stay away on the bus. I was going tell you everything but stuff happened and by the time I found out you were gone.

Mike looked at me and said Tori you didn't even eat on the trip and I can tell you still aren't eating please take better care of yourself. I can't lose you.

I put my hand on his and said Mike it's ok I will be ok. you can move on without the guilt. You helped me and I will always remember that, And remember you will always have my heart. A tear slid out that I was trying hard to hold in and Mike pulled me to him and kissed me softly.

Mike held me until I stopped crying and then he pulled out his phone. He called the headmaster to let him know he wouldn't be coming in today. Then he told me we were not leaving my room until I understand that we were meant to be together and that he wanted to always be with me.

Hours later I woke up but Mike wasn't in the bed so I must have dream that he came for me. I felt my heart drop it seemed so real. Just as I was about to get upset again my door open and Mike said to get dressed that we were going to the warehouse to meet the gang for dinner.

I jumped in the shower and put on a little blue sundress before going out to get my shoes. Mike seemed funny. Kind of nervous and I started to think he changed his mind.

We get to the warehouse and all the guys have tables setup and food everywhere I smiled and hugged Chad. He said you should have told me I would have fix it for you a long time ago and that he wanted me to know that no one will ever love me as much as Mike does.

I smiled and told him he was my best friend and thank you for every thing. We all eat and talked the night was going so good and I am happy. I was talking to John about Steve when he said let's not do this tonight will get together this week and I will tell you everything.

I said ok and when I turned back around Mike was on one knee with a ring in his hand. He smiled and said Victoria love Jones please marry me and be with me forever.

I jumped up and kissed him. Yes yes yes I said over and over. He ask if I would want a big wedding or just us. I told him I just wanted the gang to be with us. He smiled and ask if we can do it tonight and that way I would graduate as his wife.

I told him we could get married tonight but he can't tell anyone from school. I will Not let him get In to trouble because of me. Mike asked John to call his judge friend and see if he would pull some string to get us our license and come to the warehouse and do the honor.

Mike said Jim is the only judge that knows of our gang and that he bets with the guys sometimes. Mike said Jim was the one to help John into the police academy.

After about an hour a man walked in and we said our vowels. I can't believe I'm now Mrs. Mike Spindle. Mike put his arm around me and ask if I was happy and I just laughed and said you gave me my happy ever after how can I not be happy.

We partied and danced the guys took pictures of us and around two in the morning Mike ask if I wanted to go back to the hotel. I looked at him and said no please take me home. He smiled and said anything for my girl.

We went home and made love all night long. I have everything now. Mike told me we would have to be careful around school if I didn't want people to know. I told him I could handle it for a few days then I'm done with school.

The week past fast and today I will be graduating. Then my life with Mike will be perfect no one will be able to bother us after today.