1

Today I will start my senior year of high school. I got up eat some toast and then got dressed.Trying to be as quite as I can I don't wont to wake the monster better known as my stepdad. I made it to the front door without waking him up. I took a deep breath I'm free for eight hours. Just as I went to shut the door. The monster grabbed my arm.

Don't be late tonight he yelled as he tighten his grip on me. Why? I said very low. I need to go to the book store for new books. No you will come straight home I have some people coming over and you are going to be busy tonight.

he yelled louder.

Yes sir I will come home right after school. Please let go of my arm. I need to leave for school or I will be late. I ran to my car (the only thing I got from my mom before she died). Once in my car I felt safer so my heart slowed down.

I get to school go straight to my new locker and put my things in for safe keeping. I walk to my first class math. There was no one here yet not even the teacher. All the kids are out in the hall with friends, I don't have friends so I am always first in every class. I go to the back row and take the chair closest to the window.

After ten minutes the other kids start coming in a few at a time. Our teacher Mrs. Carr came in and smiled said hello then said now let's get started. She was taking role when Becky the head cheerleader and her boyfriend Rick captain of the football team came walking in disrupting everything.

Mrs. Carr said ok quite down and take a seat. There wasn't two set together so Rick came over to me a said get up we need that chair. I looked up and grabbed my stuff moving to the other empty chair before anything could happen. The teacher told me Tori you don't have to move but I told her it was ok.

I am use to everyone at school pushing me around, I try to stay in the back ground. As long as I do as they ask most don't pay any mind to me. Becky and Rick are the worst to me. They like to show there friends how they can make me do anything they ask. What fun that is for me!

After the teacher told us what she would be expecting from her student this year. She told everyone they could get start on our workbook pages for this week. I finished my pages in about five minutes. Math is my best subject.

I sat in my chair thinking back to my freshman year. Mom was still alive and I was a happy playful teen. Funny thing was Rick was my boyfriend back then and Becky was my best friend. After mom died things began to change. I was so sad I didn't go out with my friends and we grown apart. Now I have no one to talk to about how I feel or the things happening in my home.

I could feel my tears trying to surface so I clear my mind and started the next set of workbook pages. Today going be a long day. It wasn't long before the bell rang and I was up and out to my next class.

I walk to my locker thur in my workbook and started to art class. Rick walked up and laughed saying just think you could of be having fun with us instead of being a loner. I just shook my head and walked off down the hall. I got to art and Miss.Smith smiled at me she said she was glad I was in her class again.

Miss. Smith tells me I should go into art in college that I have a natural talent. I enjoying drawing but writing is more my thing. I always love this class because none of the popular kids take this art class they all say its a lame class. I get time to myself in here without them bugging me. When I am in here time seems to fly by cause next thing I know the bell rings. Time for me to go if only all my class were this calm. I would stay in here forever.

On my way to my locker I pass Becky and her gang they were all hyped up about going to see the new teacher. That is the first time I have seen any of those girls happy to go to class, they ran off as I got to my locker.