Chapter 38

"I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry" Bokuto kept rocking back and forth.

White walls surrounded him and the smell of medicine filled his lungs.

Hospital.

Again.

This was his fault and his fault only, he knew he shouldn't have done that, yet he did.

~before~

Akaashi hung up the phone, throwing it across the room. He fell to his knees as fear filled him.

Was Bokuto okay?

The truth is, he was. He was perfectly fine.

He met a friend at the store and accidentally lost the track of time, talking about the past and the present.

He didn't know how much time passed until he heard the speaker say that the store is closing up.

He quickly bought his stuff, hoping that Akaashi was still asleep, however Akaashi had gone out to look for Bokuto.

He walked around the dark, empty streets, shaking in fear. Every little sound startled him.

Bokuto in the mean time, sprinted home, he quickly unlocked the door, only to find the apartment completely empty.

"Damnit... Where could he be?" he screamed as he once again locked the door, walking around in a fast pace, looking for Akaashi.

Akaashi was scared. Not only for Bokuto, but for himself. Any minute something might happen, he checked all the places where Bokuto could be, where his dad might be, but he didn't find anything. He lost hope.

"What if they hurt Bokuto? What if they broke his bones? Maybe they raped him? Please, Bokuto, please be safe. Bokuto, you promised to keep me safe, don't break that promise.. Bokuto..please" he thought to himself.

His eyes caught 3 figures, going down the stairs to the river side.

One of the figures had a coat, just like Bokuto's.

Akaashi froze in his place. Was it Bokuto? Were those two men related to his father?

He tip toed down the stairs too.

The river at night was beautiful, snow around it made it look magical. Akaashi couldn't spot the figures, he became even more worried if that's possible.

His body was shaking in fear and cold, after all, he left the apartment wearing only a sweater. No coat, no gloves, no hat. He walked beside the river bank, carefully, so he wouldn't slip.

A sudden scream coming from the bridge scared Akaashi, he accidentally twisted his foot and fell into the ice cold water.

~~~

That scream was Bokuto's. He saw Akaashi walking by the river side and called his name. When he saw Akaashi fall, nothing mattered. He quickly ran down and jumped into the water, grabbing Akaashi's hand. He lost consciousness, after hitting his head on the ice. The three figures appeared, one of them called the ambulance.

And that's how they ended up in a hospital once more. Akaashi was okay, but Bokuto kept blaming himself.

It was his fault.

Akaashi finally woke up, he opened his eyes, only to see Bokuto next to him, tears rolling down his face.

"A-Akaashi..." he half-whispered. He squeezed his stone cold hand, Akaashi's long, pale fingers seemed even thinner than before.

"Bokuto-san... You are fine.. You are fine!" Akaashi cried out, falling into Bokuto's arms and kissing his face all over, his forehead, his nose, his cheeks and finally his lips. The feeling of Bokuto's warm lips, against his cold ones was indescribable.

Akaashi wrapped his arms around Bokuto's neck, pulling him closer. Akaashi was crying, but this time it was happy tears.

They pulled away for a minute, Bokuto stared into Akaashi's eyes, smiling faintly.

Akaashi was undeniably the most beautiful person in the world. His hair had grown a bit, and now his black curls covered his forehead, the bags under his eyes were almost gone, his lips had regained their light raspberry color. His sharp jawline almost made Bokuto melt.

"Bokuto-san.." Akaashi said in a tender voice.

"Y-Yeah?"

"I was so scared that something happened to you..." he frowned.

"I'm sorry... It was my fault. I met an old friend and we kinda talked, and before I knew it, the store was closing" Bokuto lowered his head, apologizing once again.

"It's okay...I'm glad you are okay"

Bokuto pulled Akaashi into a hug, warming him with his warmth.

A sudden sound of someone walking into the room startled them. They both turned to that direction, looking at a young lady standing there.

To Akaashi she seemed like a normal lady, but Bokuto could sense that something was clearly wrong. Her eyes, her lips, her complexion......just like Akaashi's.

"Who are you?" Akaashi asked.

"I'm.. I'm Akaashi Umi, your mother"

.

.

.

.

~

Boom. Mom. Hi.
I don't know Akaashi's mom's real name. Rip.

-hatari