Chapter 31

A/N double update today because why not

"Sorry, Oikawa" Mattsun said.

He and Makki were standing in the living room, Oikawa was standing in front of them.

The tears were rolling down his cheeks.

Matsukawa and Makki spent a lot of time walking around the town and looking for Iwaizumi.

"We visited every possible store and hotel. We went around the town asking people if they have seen Iwaizumi. But there is no sign of him. Ushijima is missing too. However, people saw him yesterday in town"

Oikawa sighed and wiped away his tears.

"Thank you, guys" he said. Makki went over and gave Oikawa a hug.

He still had a hard time believing that his Iwaizumi had vanished.

He didn't even know what life was anymore. He felt empty. All he wanted now was to see Iwaizumi. To hear him say his name. To touch him. To kiss him.

Hia phone buzzed for a millionth time. He had no time for calls so he wanted to hang up.

However, he accidentally answered. What he didn't know yet, was that that call was going to change his whole day.

"Is this Oikawa Tooru?" a woman spoke. Tooru brought the phone up to his ear.

"Yes.."

"You are mentioned as an emergency contact for Iwaizumi Hajime. Iwaizumi Hajime was taken to the hospital an hour ago. We need you to come"

Oikawa's eyes went wide.

Iwaizumi was alive.

Iwaizumi was there.

"O-Okay I will be there!" he said and hung up.

Makki and Mattsun looked at him with weird faces.

"Iwaizumi is in the hospital" was all that he said before running out of the house.

He felt weak, but the thought of seeing Iwaizumi gave him some strengh.

He ran and ran, ignoring other people. He was sure that he saw Kuroo and Kenma at some point, but he didn't care. All that mattered now was Iwaizumi.

He entered the hospital and sprinted to the reception desk.

"Excuse me!" he said, he was still out of breath.

"Yes?" the lady asked.

"I'm Oikawa Tooru. I'm here for Iwaizumi Hajime"

"Ah, yes. Iwaizumi Hajime was taken to the hospital after an elderly woman called the ambulance. He has major injuries, but his life isn't in danger"

"C-Can I see him?"

"Yes, head down the hallway till you reach the room 134"

"Thank you so much"

Tooru inhaled and started walking. He passed some people. He had to be quick to get through Bokuto who was sitting at the hospital too.

He wondered why.

Soon he reached the room where Iwaizumi was.

He opened the door and finally saw him.

He was lying on the hospital bed. His arms and legs were bruised, he had cuts on his face. He slowly turned his head and looked at Tooru.

He smiled faintly.

"Hey, Oikawa"

Tooru could feel the tears forming. He finally saw him. He finally heard him.

He ran up to Iwaizumi and kneeled down next to the bed. He took Iwaizumi's bruised hand.

"Who did this to you? Who made you suffer like this? Was it Ushijima? I was so scared for you. I thought that I would never see you again...." Tooru looked as Iwaizumi smiled a little.

"I thought that too. But I wanted to see you, I wanted to hear your voice, I wanted to feel your touch and that all gave me strengh to survive"

Tooru placed a kiss on Iwaizumi's forehead.

"Never leave.. Never leave okay?" Tooru looked as Iwaizumi slowly nodded.

~~~

"I met Makki and Mattsun" Tooru was sitting on the bed beside Iwaizumi, holding his hand. He had so much to tell.

"Oh? I figured that they would come searching for me sooner or later"

"They are pretty nice. They helped me a lot"

"I know. Did you know that they are dating?"

"What? No way?"

"It's true! I'm not lying!"

Tooru heard Iwaizumi laugh. Oh, how he missed that.

"I took care of the house while you were gone. Well, at least I tried. I may sound weird, but I didn't leave your house at all. I spent my nights in your bed, I'm sorry.."

"Why are you apologizing? You did nothing wrong"

"But if I wouldn't have met you, this never would have happened. You would be happy, and not in the hospital. You wouldn't have to worry about me too.."

Tooru felt Iwaizumi squeeze his hand.

"If I wouldn't have met you, I'd be sad, not happy. You made my life better Tooru, without you it would be boring. I like having you by my side. I should have told this earlier, but I am in love with you, Tooru"

Tooru's breathing stopped for a second.

A tear escaped. But it was a tear of happiness.

He leaned in and kissed Iwaizumi.

'I love you too, Hajime"

.

.

.

---

😌😌😌❤
Now aren't I just great?
-hatari