Dysfunctional Families & Daddy Issues

A/N WARNING: slight mild mentions of rape and abuse, if you are upset or triggered by this ( although it's a quite mild) please read with caution I will summarise the important things at the end if you do not wish to read. ( I will warn you again when it gets to the worst parts)

Isla Black Pov

I awake from my little nap by a whimper. I roll over groggily to look at Melody, I almost gasp aloud in shock at what I see.

Melody is shaking and crying in her sleep. She starts to thrash around, and I jump into action. I leap out of bed and over to her. She starts screaming when I grab her shoulders.

"NO! NO! DON'T TOUCH ME! NO! GET OFF! " She screams at the top of her lungs. Oh my god, what's happening! What do I do!

I shake her shoulders and start calling her name. " NO! HOW COULD YOU! I'M YOUR DAUGHTER! H-HOW DO Y-YOU L-IVE WITH YOURSELF! L-LEAVE ME ALONE! N-NO! D-DAD N-OO! H-OW C-COULD Y-YOU! NONONONONO! " she screams, tears streaming down her face as she starts to hyperventilate.

"MELODY WAKE UP!!!" I scream louder while shaking her harshly. She wakes with a strangled gasp clutching to me tightly; just as the door bursts open, revealing Bruce, Cap, Clint and a couple of armed agents.

The few Avengers cautiously come through the door and towards us while I pull Mel onto my lap holding her tightly like a mother would her child. Although I'm more like her older sister.

" Hey, hey it's ok Mel, I've got you, shhh, you're safe now, it was just a dream." I soothe, rocking her backwards and forwards slightly as she sobs into my shoulder.

" b-b b-but i-t wasn't! I-it happend-d... h-he... he h-hurt me, h-he... t-touched me..." She trails off gripping me closer. Oh no. I swear to god if he...

"Melody, please, you've got to tell me... your father, did he... did he rape you?" I get out between deep calming breaths. She stays silent for a couple breaths before she whispers so softly I nearly miss it.

" yes..." I feel my grip tighten around her.

" I'm going to fucking kill him." I state anger flowing off of me in waves as I shake in absolute rage.

The Avengers cautiously approach us trying to calm me down. " Isla, think about this for a minute, you need to calm down." Steve tries edging closer. I snort in a most unladylike fashion.

" I'm going to find out who he is, I'm going to find him and I'm going to fucking rip off his head." I say with a sweet smile in their direction. What can I say Melody like my little sister, and when someone's been hurting her or doing something so disgusting to her, her own father nonetheless, just brings out my really angry, really dangerous mama bear side.

Seeing as I'm not calming down, Bruce tries his luck. " Isla, trust me I know how you feel like there's a monster growing inside you, begging to come out and just... smash something, or someone in your case, but you can't Isla. It's not fair, but you can't, " he argues, and it's a solid argument too. I'm just too far beyond reasoning.

I just glare as they try to get closer to me. " One more step and I fry you all." I say simply. I feel the electricity running along my arms, small sparks jumping from fingertip to fingertip.

" Well then, I'd say there's only one thing to do," Clint exclaims, I send him a questioning look, " let's go break some shit, the only proper way to release anger." He finishes with a smirk.

The heroes stand around Melody and me, as we are led to hell knows where. We approach a door that opens once Clint puts his hand on the pad.

I look around in awe at the giant room we have entered. It looks like a gym or training room of sorts. Punching bags and dummies litter the room, sparring mats spread out around the outside with various exercise machines, a giant sparring mat situated in the middle of the room. There is a smallish shooting range in one corner and a giant wall of weapons, real and for training.