A Nightmare Dressed Like A Daydream

Isla Black Pov

Dream
A little three year old me runs through a forest. Where the hell am I? I wonder I try to stop running but my body does not comply; instead, it keeps running.

It's almost as if I'm not in control. I'm just watching a memory through my old self's eyes but I am unable to change anything. Unable to make a difference to my past. Unable to fix my mistakes and completely helpless.

I look around me only to see a small clearing and three year old me stops running. I know where I am now this is my special place I used to visit when I lived with my mother. When she was still alive.

I remember our small house with the woods as our back garden. I used to play in the woods and this clearing was always my happy place. The clearing is quite small but filled with wildflowers and a small rocky stream with a small waterfall.

Although the waterfall is beautiful that is not its only purpose, behind the waterfall was a beautiful cave filled with glowing bugs and a small stream. The small stream ends at the back of the cave in a small pond which is almost a puddle.

Suddenly my body starts to move again it walks over to the waterfall. Slipping through the small gap between the water and the massive rock and into the cave.

My three-year-old self, walks along the stream and slips over on some rocks. Of course, I did. You see I am an extremely clumsy person I will trip, slip or fall over anything and everything. I have tripped over thin air multiple times.

I feel tears streaming down my face and I see my knee has a small cut on it. My body sits down in the stream and cries still looking at the gash. Slowly it starts to heal.

The blood dries up and the wound closes. My hand reaches into the water before washing off the blood with my now wet hand. I remember this now! This was one of the first times my powers helped me out.

The first was my healing, next was my slight added strength and majorly added speed. After I started getting into weather; thunder and lightning were first, then wind and rain then the fog and snowstorms.

Little me stands up from the stream before walking all the way to the end of the cave. What am I doing now? I think, trying to remember what happens next.

At the end of the cave there is a massive cluster of rocks and on top of the rocks are a million little glow worms. My little hand reaches out to touch them before grabbing one and letting it rest in the palm of my hand.

I walk out of the cave and once more I'm running through the forest but this time heading in the opposite direction. My little feet start to hurt but I look up to find my house coming into view.

As I get closer I see a figure of a woman standing in the door frame of the back door. "Mummy! Mummy! Mummy!" My voice suddenly cries without me doing anything.

Oh my god it's my mum. As I run towards her outstretched arms a smile stretches across my little face probably showing my two little dimples. But my smile fades as my vision begins to blur and the picture fades.

I keep running but I go nowhere. So this is how my life works. Finally seeing the people I love again only for them to be brutally ripped from my grasp again and again and again...

I awake screaming but not from fear but screaming at my mother for leaving me all over again. The feeling of abandonment sets itself straight into my heart just like when she died.

It's like she died twice but had no reason to, just so I felt pain. She died again just so my life didn't stay boring. Just because some asshole in the sky wanted to make my life miserable, lonely and worthless.

Three weeks later

It's been three weeks since my little episode with the Avengers and now I have completely run out of food and water. Now I am being forced to go into town to buy food, water and a new jacket because winter is coming and it's becoming freezing.

I still get those dreams/nightmares. They are always memories from when I was two all the way through twelve when she died. Most of my dreams we're happy memories or when I was first discovering my powers.

Although most of my memories were happy some were the exact opposite. Some were my bad memories of times when I was afraid, sad, angry worried or when mum died. I had the same dream three times. The night my mother died.

Anyway I quickly jump in the shower of the old creaky house I have been staying in and have a freezing cold shower. I change into a pair of long black leggings, a grey t-shirt, my hoodie and my converse.

I run down the stairs and out the door before slowing my pace to a walk as I begin my treak back to town. Its barely five so the sun is only just starting to rise very slowly.

When I finally reach the outskirts its dawning on six AM. I sneak carefully around the nearly empty streets that are slowly starting to fill. I walk into a store buying four apples a loaf of bread and three drink bottles and quickly make my exit.

I head toward a cheap clothing stofe that is not very busy. I do not buy anything I just pick the coat I want and sneak out the back were a door is waiting for my escape.

I rip any tags off my new coat and put it on over my hoodie before setting my food filled bag back on my shoulder. I quickly make my way out of town as it hits seven o'clock.

I make it out of town and start towards my temporary house. As I'm making my way back to the abandoned houses another blue sphere hits the ground and we all know what that means...

A/N I know what that means but do you .Probably. So I guess they're back or maybe not... Don't be shy vote comment share plz and thx

Sayonara mysterious_mischief