Midnight Terrors

Isla Black Pov

Dream
12 year old me flings herself into my mother's arms. "Mum please don't go I need you I will always need you!" I cry into her shoulder tears streaming down my face. My heart accelerates and it feels as if it might beat right out of my chest.

"It's ok my little hurricane, everything will be all right. Shhhh it's alright baby." She cooed in my ear in a calming matter, but everything was not going to be alright.

"I need you to be strong for me be my confident little hurricane I will always be with you." She finishes with a slight cough. My palms are clammy and my skin is sweaty. My panic is rising and it won't stop. It's so cliche, I almost want to laugh in the most bitter way, but I fear if I open my mouth, I'll be sick.

Her heart monitor starts slowing until I'm afraid it will stop. " ok... NO MUM, MUM DON'T GO, "  My voice rising in volume and panic with every word, " NOOOOO!" I scream as the line goes flat. The doctors try to bring her back but I know its pointless. She's already gone, in a different world, happy, without me.

The tears don't stop, they're an endless river. The pain won't stop, it just keeps burning. My mother's heart stopped, it just won't keep beating.

I start to thrash, panic and scream as the Doctors try to drag me away and keep me calm. I just keep screaming and screaming and screaming and screa-

I awake to a pair of large hands shaking my small form. My eyes snap open and I see Thor looking down at me with a worried expression. "Are you okay lady Hurricane? I awoke to your screams." He whispered in his gruff voice. I just couldn't be mad at him so I gave him a shaky smile, despite my shivering form dripping with sweat and tears.

"I'm fine, thank you for waking me up." I say gently but he does not look convinced.

"But there are tears on your face and you seem awfully frightened. Would you like to talk about your fearful dream?" Thor asks with the face of a confused and concerned puppy. I give a sad smile. Oh well might as well tell him, it's not like he'll tell the others.

"I was dreaming about my mother, the night she died. I was only twelve at the time, I was right by her side that night watched her take her last breath, heard her last words. She died of lung cancer. It was pretty bad but I never thought it would kill her. I guess growing up you think of them as such a hero, put them on such a high pedestal, see them shake off so many things, you start to think they're invincible. But then all of a sudden they're gone." I sniffle a few tears trailing down my face.

He looks at me for a second before gently wrapping his arms around me and pulling me close, hugging me tight to his chest. And let me tell you hugging this man is the absolute definition of a bear hug. I attempt to wrap my short arms around his large frame but it doesn't work very well.

He pulls back slightly and smiles lightly. "If it makes you feel any better, I had a lover once. She was the most beautiful maiden I had ever laid eyes on, but I had to leave her and one day I was informed that she was sick, very sick with something unknown to Asgardian, so I tried to keep an eye on her but as you Midgardians say she 'slipped through my fingertips' and passed away." I look of sadness flashed across his face and he grips onto me tighter.

"I heard she had a child. It was unclear if it was mine, but I abandoned it so I don't deserve to be its father anyway." He swallows thickly and looks down, with a sigh.

"Now you should try to get some rest, for it is late so I bid you goodnight, lady Hurricane." He says kissing my forehead.

"Goodnight Thor. But please call me Isla" I mumble with a smile as I lay back down. I look up just in time to see him smile before his large shadow leaves through the doorway shutting it with the click of a lock.

I roll over and snuggle into my pillow before drifting back to sleep.

A/N HEY GUYS so sorry the chapters a Little short but I wanted to give you some insight on how she feels. Anyways, there will be a new character coming in soon one of my own and they are gonna be awesome and I am so EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By mysterious_mischief