↠↠ How To Save Money

Kuripot.

That's always the term my friends and co colleagues called me. I don't really mind at all.

I say 'Wala akong pera' and 'Mahirap ako ngayon' a lot. It's a defense mechanism for me not to spend lots of money on things.

I save my money for travel and experience that's why I say no buying things that I know I will not really use or things that I only want.

As I've said before, minimalism helps me the most when it comes on saving money. I only buy things that I really need or things that really makes me happy. I also spend my money with my family because I love them and it really makes me the happiest.

The first advice that I can give is to know what you really want and need. Think many times. Sleep it overnight. Ask yourself, do you really need this item? Do you need other similar clothes? Keep questioning yourself and answer honestly. Not because you have money you need to spend it all.

Try to make a money graph. How many percent are you willing to spend on food? On items? On travel? Etc? Lastly, how many percent are you willing to keep on saving money?

Courage yourself what really matters. I, personally want to spend my money for experiences. Last May 6-9 this year 2017, I accomplished one of my goals. I went to Puerto Princesa, Palawan and no amount of money would equivalent the happiness and euphoria I've felt. First time being in the plane, if I had a video of myself, I surely would look like a child being so freaking ass happy because she received a new toy that she really really REALLY want.

Yesterday, I bought VIP tickets of TJ Monterde concert because I really do enjoy and love his music and it will be the first time to be in a concert.

Know your limits. Know how much money you should spend in a day, in a week and in a month. It will help you to notice which day you spend the most and why.

Being kuripot doesn't mean you can't give to those people who are in need. When some people ask for money and it seems legit and sincere, I give a little amount of money or food or buy their items they sell. In a way like that, it makes me happy: Helping other people.

Before, when I was in my school days, I didn't mind spending money because my parents can give me but when I graduated and earn my own money, it made me realize so many things and I'm happy about it in some ways: learning how to handle yourself and how to manage your money with your own.

Enjoy the moment and think many times. Think until you finally know you are 100% sure.

Always,
Patricia ☕🍂