Friends to Lovers

Start from the beginning

Kou shook her head, "I was at fault as much as you. But don't you think it's almost time to go home?"

Shoot, I thought while looking down at my watch, it was already 11:13 pm. I better get home before my parents call the police and file for a missing report. "Come on Kou, let's go," I said, grabbing her hand and walking out the door.

"So I'm just wondering," I said as we continue to walk towards my car while holding hands. "When's our next make-out session?"

After a long pause Kou finally answer, "Whenever you want it to be."

Stopping dead in my tracks I turn to her, "Are you serious?" Could I really be that lucky, is it possible she's playing a trick on me.

"That is," Kou began to say just as she release my hand and ran towards the car yelling, "If you can catch me."

Oh the chase is on I thought as I ran after her. Yep, we are never getting home tonight.

___________________________________

-8 years later-

Kou's P.o.V

"Knock... Knock, I'm home."

"Mommy, daddy's home." My four year old daughter Alison exclaimed happily. I watch as she jump down from her chair and ran out the kitchen.

Wiping the water from my hands I yelled after her, "Alison no running." She always gets overly excited when her dad comes home. By the time I got to the front door she was already in her father's arms. I walk up to Kevin and gave him a peck on the lips, "Welcome home honey."

"Eww..." Alison cried, covering her eyes with her little eyes. We both just chuckled at her.

Kevin brought his left hand up and place the palm gently on my right cheek. I turn my head slightly to nuzzle his warm hand, how I miss his touch. "I miss you." He said softly.

"I miss you too." I said back as I brought my right hand to cover his. "Did you have a –."

"Daddy, Daddy" Alison exclaimed happily.

Dropping his hand from my cheek he turn to Alison giving her his full attention. "Yes, peanut what is it?"

"You know what, I saw your game today."

"Did you now?"

"Yes I did!" Alison blurt out happily waving her arms around and wiggling in her father's arms. "I saw you go like whoosh with your hand and then mommy said Uncle Todd hold the ball and then he run a lot.

"That was pretty awesome wasn't it?" Kevin said as he walk to the living room, Alison still in his arms. Kevin sat her down on the couch next to him. "But do you know what's even better than that?"

"Wat?" Alison ask curiously.

"I bought my little peanut a present."

"Really," Alison shouted, jumping up from her seat, and standing on the couch.

I watch from the living room entranceways as Kevin pulled out a small golden box. He open it and pulled out a necklace that looks so similar to the one that hung from my neck. However instead of it being a single star, there were two mini stars connected together.

My eyes were drawn back to Alison when I heard her cried happily, "Wow daddy it sooooooo pretty. Can you put it on me, can you?'

I watch as Kevin put the necklace around her neck. Right when Kevin clip the necklace on Alison jump down from the couch and ran towards me yelling, "Mommy, mommy look what daddy got me."