I'll be right here by your side

Kou's POV

It's been two weeks since Kevin and I decided to go slow with our relationship. By now the whole school already knows that Kevin and I are more than just friends. What I found even sweeter was that every single morning Kevin left a little gift on my front door. Even after we started dating he still showed me how much he cared for me. That alone makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

Since the Wildcat football team made it into the final four of the Jr. High championship game our football team has been working super hard. In fact Kevin has practice every morning, and sometimes I don't even get to see him at all. Yet, I think it's sweet that he still has time to prepare a gift for me every morning.

Who would have thought that I would be dating my best friend? If someone would have told me that I was going to become Kevin's girlfriend I would have laughed at them, and yet here I am happier than I ever been. I'm not going to lie, I still have many insecurities, but I'm taking our relationship step by step. I love how much Kevin understands this and is willing to let me take the lead.

However, there is something I am worried about. Everyday Kevin expresses his love for me, and he shows it too. Yet, I have never once told him I loved him. I know that it pains him when he says he loves me and my reply is either a smile or nod, but I just feel like it isn't the right time.

It's hard to know what love is when you never experience it before, but I know that what I feel for Kevin exceeds that of friendship. I like him, but love is such a strong word that I have a hard time expressing it. To me saying the word "love" is sacred. I have decided that I will tell him one day when I'm ready.

As of right now there is something else on my mind, school. I am making my way to the library determine to complete my History assignment. Kevin also has practice late tonight so I told him I would do homework until he was finish with practice so that way we could go home together. If I finish my assignment by today that means I could a free weekend without any worries, given that Kevin and I have a date tomorrow. Tomorrow will be our first official date together, and I couldn't be more nervous.

I have to say I'm still really clueless on this girlfriend thing, it is all so new to me. Kevin and I are back to the way we were now, it's just that there is definitely more body contact involve. Of course not a whole lot, but there is definitely hand holding and kissing. In fact I like kissing, Kevin is a great kisser. I just never thought being Kevin's girlfriend would make me so happy.

___________________________

Two hours later I finally set my pen down as I wrote my last sentence, when suddenly a rough pair of hands covered my eyes, blocking my vision. There was only one person I could think of at the moment, "Kevin, are you done with practice?" I said as I grab his hands and brought them down from my eyes.

I felt him lean down towards my ears and whispered, "Yes I am princess."

I swung around in my chair and came face to face with a roughly handsome Nate. I haven't talked to him since I rejected his confession. We do have English class together but we barely talk to each other anymore. I honestly felt like I lost a great friend. I look up at him and he looked as handsome as always. His hair was wet and ruffled, his eyes sparkled with mischief, and he had that grin on his face that said, "I'm cute and I know it."

"Nate you scared the heck out of me, I thought you were Kevin."

He chuckled, "I figure that out when I heard you say his name. I thought it wouldn't hurt to play along. So how's my favorite princess doing?"

"I'm doing great, and I couldn't be better." I said honestly. My heart broke a little though when I saw a sad small smile directed towards me. "Nate, there is something I have to tell you. I'm...well... Nate...I'm going out with Kevin now."