Friends to Lovers

Kevin's P.o.V

Before I knew it, I had Kou up against the nearest locker her legs wrap around my waist, and my lips on hers. Moaning with pleasure I thought how wonderful she tasted at the moment, like strawberries and chocolate. I couldn't get enough of her, she just felt so right in my arms.

I have waited so long to hear her say those three words. Since the day I found out how I felt about Kou, my only wish was for her to feel the same for me. I know that actions speak more than words, and I have no doubt that Kou felt more than friendship for me. However, I always contemplate if she really loved me that way I love her.

Kou is not the type of person that will lie about her feelings, and I knew that if someday she told me she loved me that will be the day her heart will be mines. Never wanting to pressure her, I waited, until this very moment. When I thought the day couldn't get any better, Kou decided to prove me wrong. To be honest if she wasn't with me we probably wouldn't have won today. She has given me more than I could ask for. She has taught me how to love, how to be a great person, and what it means to be a man. Before Kou I was just a boy who lived day-by-day and only care about my pleasures, but falling in love with Kou has made me a better man.

Yet, is it selfish of me to take all of what she has given me and keep her to myself? I want to be the only one to see the way she blushes when I give her a simple compliment, or the way her eyebrows scrunch close together when she's mad. I want to be the only one to show her that it's not the outside beauty that counts but what's on the inside. I want to show her that the curves she hates so much are one of the things I love most about her, they make her who is she and I wouldn't change that for the world.

I'm scared though, that all of this might be a dream and that I'll wake up any moment and everything would be just lie. However, as I felt Kou's soft body press against mine, I knew that this was no dream. The girl I have given my heart to is right here in my arms.

I gently release Kou away from the lockers and let her slide down to the ground, just as I slip my lips away from hers. She was breathing heavily, eyes closed, and her lips were red and swollen from the kiss. I had to resist the urge to kiss her all of over again.

"Open your eyes chipmunk." I watch as Kou's eyes slowly flicker open. Like always her eyes were the most beautiful mocha color. It wasn't until right then that it dawn to me that I was making out with Kou up against the locker walls. What would she think of me, was I being too aggressive? Just as I was about to apologize I saw Kou's whole face light up and a huge smile appear.

"Wow," Kou said breathlessly, "That was amazing."

I chuckle, well at least she liked it. "You like that huh?"

A deep blush appear on Kou's cheeks as she looked away, avoiding eye contact. I turn her face towards me again, as I move my face closer to hers, "Did you want to do it again?"

Kou gave me a slight nod. Oh, hallelujah, I thought as I lean in separating the space between us. I was centimeters from her lips when I felt a hand on my chest stopping me.

"Next time." Kou said softly.

"Pardon?" I ask confuse.

"Next time." Kou continued, "Next time, when the time and place is right. Kevin, remember we are still at school."

I straighten back up instantly. Oh crap, Kou was right. I was so into the moment that I completely forgot. Thank god Coach went home before me, it wouldn't look so good if he saw me making out with my girlfriend, let alone at school up against the lockers. "Sorry" I replied.