The Game

Hello Everyone!

This is loveispriceless again!

I hope you guys are enjoying this story.

If you have stuck by me and keep up with this story, than I thank you with all my heart.

Remember to always smile : )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Kou P.O.V*

Making my way to the bleachers and scanning the crowd for Liz, I found her in the front bleachers looking down at her on phone. However it looked like was just staring blankly at the screen and not doing anything. I slid next to her on the bleachers.

"What are you staring at," I said while trying to see what she was doing. She must have not realize I was there because I heard her gasp in shock at the same time she snapped her phone shut.

She quickly replied, "It's nothing."

"It had to be something." I pressed on.

"It's nothing Kou." Liz said while looking up towards the football field.

I wasn't buying it, but after waiting a few seconds and there was no response from her, I shrugged and let it go. But only for now.

The game was about to start in less than 5 minutes, and all the players from each side were getting ready. The Wildcats were the first to play offense. Less than ten seconds to go, the players on each team got into their positions ready for the kick off.

3.....2......1....kick off! The game was on.

Alex, a receiver, caught the football and started running and dodging. He made it to the to the 23 yard line of the panthers before getting tackled.

The crowd roared when Kevin jogged into the field. I saw him quickly scan the crowd, and settle his eyes on mine. Giving me a bright smile and a wave, I beamed backed and gave him 2 thumbs up. Hearing a squealing from beneath me, I looked down below the bleachers and frowned. Sitting one row beneath me was Lisa, the head cheerleader. She was blushing and making kissy faces at Kevin. I glance back towards him, and I assumed he heard Lisa too, because he had a scowl on his face and he was frowning.

Lisa obviously didn't know that the "wave and smile" Kevin gave was directed at me not her.

-------------------------------------------------

The first half of the game was intense. Our defense was able to hold back the panthers in the first half of the game, stopping them from getting a touchdown. However our offense wasn't as strong during this first half. There was two fumbles on the first half from our team, and one interception picked up by Jay smith, a running back on the Panthers, resulting in a touchdown in the second quarter. When there was only two minutes left remaining in the second quarter, Kevin was able to throw a 20 yard pass to Ken, a wide receiver. That allowed Ken to pick up ten more yards, before the Panther's defense brought him down at the 20 yard line of the panthers. With only one minute left in the first quarter, the Wildcats decided to go for it, hoping for a touchdown. Kevin was rushing and getting his teammates to gather, and ready for their next play.

"Hut!" I heard Kevin yelled.

Looking to his left, no one was available; the coverage by the Panthers was too tight. Scanning in front of him, he saw no one, the Panther's defense blitz toward Kevin on all sides. Deciding to go for it, he threw the football to Todd, the only receiver he saw open. In a swish motion, the football flew right into Todd's hands. With no defense to block him, he ran and ran straight towards the touchdown, his hand pumping up in the air in pure victory. The crowd roars in excitement and the roars became loader as we made a successful field goal following the touchdown. The first half of the game ended with the score of 7-10 Panthers leading by 3. Both teams jogged into the locker rooms.