Chapter Thirty Three: Sleeping Beauty

Start from the beginning

"A friend of yours, Mr Nygma? Edward I think his name was brought you her. You were unconscious we he came and demanded for you to be taken care of. I admit I was not going to let you stay here until I realised who you were." He says. I then nod my head slowly. Of course Ed did. I told him to take me away. In fact I remember.

*Flashback- Gotham GCPD*

I look at Ed and stumble forwards. I had only just woken up from being injected with whatever Brendan had injected me with. Ed looked frightened almost and I did my best to calm him down.

"I am not dead Ed, so please don't shout or scream or even cry." I say as he reluctantly nods his head. I then notice when I look down I see a golden chain with a small fish on the chain. It swings around my neck. I pull it into my fingers and turn it over. In small writing it says, "To Dacey, with love Jim." I smile down at the present. I then realise that Jim must think I am dead. Oh know. But I know Oswald also thinks I am dead as well. I remember what he said to me. I could here exactly what he said. I felt his warm lips upon my dead cold ones and I felt him slip the band around my finger. I feel a tear trickle down my cheek. I quickly wipe it away. I walk over towards Ed and then say.

"Ed, you need to hide me. I need a replicate of my body. I need someone from the morgue to be me. I cannot let people know that I am alive. It will put them in danger. Please Ed, will you do that for me?" I see Ed nod his head. I smile down at him. I hear him the ask me.

"What on Earth is going on?" I chuckle but as I do I feel my throat closing in on me. I clutch onto it and then stare right into Ed's eyes. I am desperate.

"The maker makes it but doesn't use it... The buyer but it but doesn't need it... The one who needs it never wants it never knows it,,, What is it?" I ask in a groggy voice. Ed then looks puzzled at my riddle but answers anyway.

"A Coffin, but what has that got to do with anything?" He questions me. I then smile and say.

"Well, we're going to need one, either for me or for that son of a bitch who-" I cannot finish my sentence as the burning in my throat starts to get worse. I grab my throat and gasp for air whilst coughing. Ed rushes over to me. I slowly collapse onto the floor and my eyes become heavy. That was when my body went limp.

*End of Flashback*

  "I remember telling him to take me somewhere but I did not know where he would take me. All I knew was that I needed to get better." I explain. Ricky nods his head and then says afterwards.

"Yes, I recall him being called back into work though shortly after he brought you here. He was rung by Detective Gordon of the GCPD I believe." I nod my head subconsciously. Jervis looks at me and then says in a shocked tone.

"Your hair.... It's changing like the blue caterpillar..." He gasps. I stare at a strand of my hair and see it turn into a dark blue to violet colour. I gulp as it is only the one strand. I look back at Ricky hoping for answers. He sighs and then lightly takes the strand in his hand and smiles. He brushes his hand over it and then says.

"This is extraordinary, the blowfish poison and the other chemical must have made this single piece of your hair turn a purple colour." He says in amazement. I stare at him like he is mad.

"Blowfish poison?!" I nearly scream. Ricky sighs and nods his head.

"Yes it is what we believe you have been injected with." He tells me. Well at least he is being truthful and is not lying. I look at my hair and then notice that under my skin where my veins should be a blue colour the dark purple emits from where they should be.

"It must have gotten into your bloodstream and mutated. It's extraordinary." He exclaims. I then look at Jervis who then touches my hand. It makes me jump slightly and as it does he shoots away onto his back. I gasp and then quickly jump up and rush towards Jervis. Ricky follows me and then I shout.

"Jervis wake up!" He is unconscious but moaning in pain. I see bright purple markings make their way across his neck and up onto his face. I then quickly place my hands on his head and say.

"Oh Christ please don't die Jervis. What did I do?" I shout. I look at Ricky and then he looks at me concerned but says.

"I have a idea." As soon as Ricky says this he jabs a needle in my arm and takes some blood. I hiss in pain but when he has enough he stabs it into Jervis. The purple slowly leaves his face and I am sat on the floor in white room staring at Jervis returning back to normal. I hear a groan and I see Jervis open his eyes.

"Ouch, I think I had something in my tea that made go woozy." He cradles his head in his hands. I look at him with concern.

"What happened?" Jervis questions seconds later. I then look at Ricky and he is smiling like a maniac but a look of concern also crossing his face.

"You can inflict the poison onto others but touch however you can heal them with your blood." He says. I then look at him and feel myself going dizzy. This is all too much to take in at the moment. So I just let the darkness take over me.