Who did it?

Jon POV;

I woke up in the trainers room with killer pain in my shoulder and ribcage. But that wasn't what I cared about. "Where's Nicole?" I asked frantically, trying to sit up and having a loud groan emit from my lips when I had. "Dean you need to lay back down." I scoffed. "I don't need to do shit. Where's my fiancée?" All I could think about was Nicole. The first hit was on her, and I can't remember too much after bein' slammed into that car. I needed to know she was okay. I didn't get an answer, which pissed me off more. If I just knew she was alright, then maybe I'd relax a little more. Just then Joe walked in, blue eyes darted to the man with a desperate look on my features. "Where is she? Is she okay?" Joe looked saddened, which caused my stomach to knot up. There was a long pause. "Joe, answer me godammit." He sighed. "She's at the hospital, and they're gettin' ready to take you there too." I felt a tiny bit of relief knowing they were taking me to her, in a sense. But I began to question why I didn't go at the same time. "Why'd she go first..? Why didn't we go together?" He sighed again, and I felt my stomach do backflips I fuckin' swear. "Joe-.." "She was out cold when they found you. You were dazed, unaware of your surroundings and all that, but she was out. They rushed her, and that's all I know. Now sit still and let's get you the hell over there." I nodded. I finally let the docs do what they'd been trying to for about ten minutes. I just needed to get there and see Nicole. Know she was okay.

(At the hospital, an hour later.)

I paced back and forth despite the nagging pain in my chest and midsection every time I took a breath. I just couldn't sit still. We'd been here for over an hour I guessed, and I still hadn't seen Nicole. Joe was up at the desk talking to the nurses. He knew damn well I was too angry and anxious to be doin' it myself. "Hi, I was wondering if you had any information on Nicole Garcia-Colace?" The woman began flipping through a file. "And you are?" She asked, not looking up. "Me? Well I'm just her friend. But that guy over there, that's her fiancé Jonathan Good. They were both attacked at work today and he's.. a little anxious." I saw him look over at me as I walked in that direction, then turned to walk back the other way. I finally had to sit down, the pain was just too much to bare. I did have two bruised ribs and strained shoulder muscle. It was another ten minutes before Joe came walkin' over to me, and I again bolted up outta my seat. "So? Can I see her? She alright?" He put his hand on my good shoulder. "They're still checking her over, but she is awake. Been askin' for you since she came to. Nurse lady said you can see her in five minutes." It wasn't the reply I hoped for, as I wanted to see her this minute. But she was awake and askin' for me.. That's what I was thankful for. "When I find out who did this..." I trailed off, I was too angry to spew out all the vile shit I intended to do. Whoever the poor bastard is, they'd live to regret these actions. "You're gonna let the cops handle this. Ya' can't marry Nicole from behind bars. Well I mean ya' could, but she'd probably kill you." I couldn't help but to laugh at that, but again feeling the pain in my ribs. Just then, the woman Joe was talking to came over. "Jonathan Good?" I spoke up with a slight nod. "Yeah that's me." She offered a soft smile. "Ms. Garcia-Colace wants to see you." I was relieved, and Joe stayed in the waiting room as I followed the woman to a room down the hall and around the corner. She opened the door and began moving the curtain back, and there was my Nicole. But she wasn't sitting up, she was laid on her stomach in the bed as a doctor was applying some sort of ointment to her back. Which eyes now noticed was scratched to hell and had a serious amount of road rash on it. "Oh Nicole.." I spoke softly, she turned her head slowly and as best she could to look at me. She stretched her nearest arm to me, and I quickly moved to hold her hand. I noticed the tears in her eyes, and I just wanted to take all her pain away. She squeezed my hand as the doctor rubbed it in. "Almost finished, Nicole. Another deep breath." I didn't know what to do, so when he began the last spot I leaned down and I kissed her. As soft and tender as I could possibly be, and I felt her tears on my cheeks. He finished up and left the room for a moment. "Are you.. Are you okay baby?" She asked, speaking lightly as I leaned back from the kiss. I nodded. "I'll be just fine Princess. Just fine." "How bad?" She was concerned and I couldn't blame her. "Just a few bruised ribs and strained muscles in my shoulder." She looked sad to hear that, but I just squeezed her hand gently. "Did you.. Did you see who-.." I cut her off, "No, I didn't see 'em. Did you..?" I had to know if she remembered anything. She paused, I could tell she was thinking. "No.. All I remember is getting hit, and then.. yelling for you.. I saw you on the ground and I tried to-.." Tears started falling down her cheeks again and I just looked down at her. "They'll find whoever did this. I promise you." She just looked up, unsure of whether or not that was actually true. I didn't know either, but they just had to be able to. If they didn't, I would.