The truth.

Jon (Dean) POV;
I couldn't believe it. From just speaking about her earlier to her now being at my feet. I got nervous, which wasn't exactly something I was used to. But she always did that to me. I outstretched my hand to help her up and surprisingly, she took it. I wasn't one for all the mushy shit, but holding her hand again had me feeling like everything was alright. For the first time in months. Then I noticed the tears. I knew she hadn't hit me that hard, so something must've happened. "Nicole.. What's wrong?" She looked at me with pain in her eyes. But.. I saw something I hadn't expected, I saw love. "I.. Can we go outside?" She asked, to which I nodded. This was shocking. I thought she hated me.. We made our way outside without another word spoken. Once we reached a safe place at the side of the building, I stood in front of her and asked again. "What's wrong?" Tears welled up in her eyes again, and it was like knives jabbing into my heart. "Everything.." was all she could manage to say. "I need more than that to help you, Princess." I hadn't thought before speaking. I always called her that. "John yelled at me for talking to Joe." she explained, looking up at me. I could feel like there was more. "That all?" She bit her lip. She always did that when she was nervous. "No.." I was surprised I even got this far. Did everyone lie to me..? "What else?" I pushed. Her eyes sank to the concrete below. "He told me I've changed. Ever since I was with you.." What the hell was that supposed to mean? He always rubbed me the wrong way. "Oh." was all I could say. "He's right, though." She said, her tone quieter. I knew it was too good to be true. "I grew more independent with you. More comfortable in my own skin. He's just mad cause I don't obey everything he says blindly anymore." I heard her sniffle. I was a bit shocked. She wasn't wrong, however. I had noticed it too, while we were still dating. Something about her tone made me question.. "Do you even still love him?" Shit. Way to be, Jon. Make her mad. But without hesitation I heard, "No." What.. I couldn't believe my ears. I moved closer to her, slowly bringing my arms around her smaller frame. Her reaction was instantaneous, wrapping her toned arms around my midsection and resting her head against my chest. She was tense at first touch, but then relaxed in my embrace. What was going on.. "Nicole.. I.. I'm sorry." I had made things difficult for us the last going off, and I always knew it was my fault. "Don't be sorry, Jon. It wasn't your fault. It was mine.." Well, fuck. This threw me completely off. People had lied to me, and I wasn't particularly pleased about it. "They told me you were happier without me.. I wanted to come back." As she kept talking, I realized people lied to her too. Why didn't they want us together? I couldn't understand. "Do you still?" I had to know. This very question had ran around in my mind for the passed couple months and I needed to ask. She just looked up at me. "More than anything." I couldn't believe it. She wanted to come back.. I loved this woman so much and after thinking for months she loathed my existence, now finding out she still loved me? There was no other response than the one I had. I brought my lips down and melded them with her own. Eyelids closing as I felt euphoria all over my body. She kissed me right back, and I felt her almost melt in my arms. This is where we belonged. Together. But would she really leave Johnnyboy?