Remember to smile.

Nikki POV;
I just came through the curtain after defeating Paige in my return to RAW. It felt amazing, to be back in front of that wild crowd and doing what I love. That amazing feeling soon deflated as I got backstage. I came down from the adrenaline high, and remembered the mess my life was in. I sighed aloud. "C'mon, Nik'. Your match wasn't that bad." I heard a man say. I knew the voice. "That bad? Really, Joe?" I chuckled softly, turning around to face him. "Is what it is, Nik'. How've you been though?" He questioned, and I sighed. Joe and I had gotten close while I was with Jon, we'd kept in touch even after the break up. It was nice to have some familiar element in my life. "Legs feeling fine, better than ever." I'd hoped that would be the end of that. "And about Jon?" I should've known better. He knew me well enough to know it was affecting me. "I.. he's probably happier without me." I sighed again. Joe looked almost shocked. "What?" I questioned, concerned. "You still love him?" Oh shit. What did I just do.. "I.. Uh.." I couldn't make a full word come out, no matter how hard I tried. "Why haven't you told him? Why are you still with SuperCena?" He sure laid in the questions. "People told me he was fine without me.." I said, recalling the million times I'd wanted to go back. Everyone stopping me. In that moment I realized something.. They all lied to me. They didn't care about my happiness, all they cared about was getting Jon as far away from me as possible. "He was a mess, Nik'. Still is. He misses you like crazy." Joe said, hope in his eyes. He cared for Jon. It was an amazing thing to see. They truly were like brothers. "I need to find him." I said, but just as the words left my lips John appeared. "Find who?" He asked with a smile. I didn't know what to say. "I'll talk to you later, Nik'." Joe put his hand on my shoulder before walking away. "What was that about?" John asked sternly. He didn't like Joe, that I knew. "Nothing." I replied, I felt a fight coming on. "Nicole you know I don't like him.." Great. Here we go. "John I know that, but he's my friend. I'm not gonna stop talking to him just because you don't like him." This made John mad, I could tell by the look in his eyes. "I see." Yup. Way to go, Nicole. You made him mad. But it was the truth.. Ugh. I hated everything at this point. "John, it's not that big a deal." I said, hoping to just end it there. "Not to you, maybe. But you've changed. Ever since you were with him." Oh for fucks sake, really? "Why because I don't obey your every command anymore? Because he treated me like an equal? You know what, John? Forget it." I was infuriated. I stormed off without allowing him to speak another word. I walked passed Nattie and Joe, tears burning my eyes. I tried to fake a smile, but I heard them whisper behind me. "Something must've happened.." Nattie said. "John came over when I was talking to her. Probably made him mad." Joe said. I didn't wanna stop and explain. The tears were blurring my eyes now, and I reached up to wipe them away as I rounded a corner when bam. I ran into someone's chest and it knocked me to the ground. "Jeez, watch where you're going." That deep, raspy voice. I knew who it was. He turned his head as I lifted mine and our eyes met. Neither of us knew what to say, so we just stared at each other in shock.