Back Together Again.

Nikki POV;
I walked down the hallway of the arena for tonight's RAW. It was the first time I'd been there since I got injured two months ago. So much has changed. Last time I was walking down a hallway like this, I was on top of the word. Now? I was in the depths of hell itself. My thoughts were broken when I heard someone say my name. "Nikki!" I heard again. I turned around to see my best friend, Natalya. "Hey Nattie." I replied, sounding much less enthusiastic than she had. She wrapped her strong arms around me, and I did the same. "How've you been?" she asked, concern showing in her tone of voice. "Fine, I've been fine." was all I could manage to say. Just then I saw John walk in. You'd think I would be happy to see my man, but things just weren't the same anymore. My ruby red lips curved into a smile as he approached us. "Hello ladies." He said with a smile. He seemed so happy.. Why didn't I feel like that? Nattie said hello as I was lost in my thoughts. "Nikki, you okay?" I heard him ask. I shook my head for a moment, before faking a bright smile. "Of course, love. I'm fine." He just smiled, falling for my trick as he always does. "I've gotta run, chat later Nicole?" Nattie said, placing her hand on my shoulder. I simply nodded with that same fake smile as she turned on her heel and walked away. John stayed. "You're still hanging with me tonight, right?" He questioned with that dimpled smile. I really didn't want to, but what choice did I have? "You know it." I replied. I felt sick to my stomach. "Great. Listen, I've gotta go but I'll see you tonight. Okay?" I just nodded and smiled, as I had with Nattie. He kept smiling brightly as he too turned on his heel and walked away. I sighed to myself. What was I supposed to do? I continued down my path before hearing a voice. It couldn't be. He wasn't supposed to be back for another two months. I peered around the corner and couldn't believe my eyes. "Yeah man, it's crazy right? I feel great though. Better than ever." That deep and raspy voice was unmistakable. I sighed again, in a louder fashion than before. He seemed happy without me.. Why wouldn't he be? I made his life hell. Before I knew it, I was peering around the corner once more. I just.. I needed one more look at his face. Eyelids fluttered closed as a memory came flooding back.

(Flashback.)

"Jon! Stop playing around! Where are you?" I laughed as I looked around the house for my boyfriend. I knew he was here, he just wanted to be difficult. "I dunno babe, where am I?" Ugh, that raspy voice made me weak in the knees. I made my way into our bedroom and looked around some more. I walked by the closet and looked under the bed. Where was he? All of a sudden I felt those big muscled arms wrap around my frame from behind. "Gotcha' babe." He said, his lips directly beside my ear. I just giggled. I loved feeling his embrace. "You certainly did." I turned around now, so I could face him. I brought each arm up to wrap around his neck, smiling the entire time. We gazed lovingly into each other's eyes before without another word..

(Flashback ends.)

Another person calling my name snapped me from my memory. "Nicole!" I knew that voice well. I mean, I should hope I did since I grew up hearing it. "Hey, Brie." I said turning around. "What were you even doing?" She questioned. There was no way I was telling her. She hated Jon. "Nothing. Why?" I questioned back, hoping we could quickly change subjects. "Just curious. I just wanted to say hi. Bryan and I have an interview to do. I'll catch you later?" She and Bryan were so happy. They fit together like two puzzle pieces, I was jealous. "Of course. Don't keep your other hippie half waiting." I managed a chuckle. She laughed too before walking away after saying I love you. I peeked my head back around the corner, but was saddened to find he was gone. Jon and I haven't spoken since we broke up, and I really missed him. Oh well.. It was time for work. Yay. I made my way to the locker room so I could change into my gear. Brand new threads, first night back and all.