Facing the music.

Nicole POV;
Oh my god, my whole body was tingling. I longed for his kiss for what felt like years. I never wanted to separate myself from him, but eventually we eased off with a few pecks in between. "Nicole, god.. I've missed you so much." I could sense the love in his voice. "I've missed you too, Jon. So, so, much." He just smiled in that goofy way, and it made me giggle. The tone of the situation changed when things got serious. "So, what happens now?" Shit. I never thought this through. "I.. No. You know what? We've been lied to for almost six months by most of the people we trusted. I'm not letting you go again." I shocked myself with my strongness. I think it shocked Jon too, by the look on his face. But just then we heard someone come around the corner and we'd have separated from our embrace had we not heard the voice beforehand. "Jon? Nicole?" It was Joe again. He was shocked when he saw us, making Jon and I laugh with his facial expressions. "Well I'll be damned." He chuckled. I turned around to face him, Jon keeping his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. "I know right? People didn't think I could land this hottie once. But twice? I'm smooth." Oh dear lord. I chuckled, elbowing him softly. "You're foolish." I said with a smile. Joe looked as happy as I assume we did. But once again, a serious tone was held. "He's looking for you, Nik'." I sighed softly after I heard Joe speak. "Of course he is." I shook my head. He couldn't leave me alone for once. "I'll kick his ass, just give me the go ahead." Jon said, quickly winking at me afterwards. Though I'd love to see it, I couldn't risk Jon's job. Just then, my phone rang. It was Brie. "Be quiet." I said, the two men knowing the seriousness of the situation did as I said. "Hello?" I said into my cell phone. "Nicole, John's freaking out. He's been blowing up my phone." I rolled my eyes. "Ugh, tell him to leave me alone." He was such an ass. "What happened now?" I wasn't a fan of her tone. "He yelled at me. At work! For speaking with someone who is my friend." It pissed me off. "Was it Joe?" She questioned. "Yeah, why?" She sighed. "He probably just thinks he'll try and bring Jon around." My sister was beginning to annoy me too now. "Joe is my friend. He doesn't have some secret agenda to reunite Jon and I." This was gonna look bad. Jon and Joe chuckled quietly behind me. "Did you know he's here? You should keep your distance, Nicole. You don't need him around." The way she spoke of the man I loved infuriated me. "Yeah. I know. I'm actually with him right now, thanks." Dead silence on the other end. "Nicole?!" was all Brie could say. "Tell John he and I are over. I'm sick of all the lies." I hung up without listening to whatever her response would be. I placed my phone into the pocket of my hoodie and leaned back against Jon with a sigh. He was smiling ear to ear. "What?" I questioned with a huff. "You're hot when you're mad." He chuckled, and I did too. Oh how I've missed him. I held his hands against my abdomen and looked towards Joe. "Y'all are gonna get heat for this." He didn't care, really. He just needed to maintain his 'voice of reason' status. "We know." Jon answered before I could open my lips. I just nodded. "We're in love. We deserve to be happy." I said, pride asserting itself. Jon leaned down and planted a soft kiss upon my cheek. I smiled brightly. I belonged here. Happily with the man I've loved for so long. Jon lingered on my skin, nuzzling against me. I'd really missed how safe I felt in his arms, how loved I felt too. I'd gone from hell to heaven all in a few hours, and there was more hell bound to come once this got out. Joe just smiled at us, "Y'all are meant to be, hope you know that." Jon and I just smiled. We knew that, but it was nice someone else saw it too.