Shock and awe.

Nicole's POV;

The sight that was in front of my eyes had my breath hitch in my throat. How he even found out about this baffled my mind, but that was the least of my concerns now. I'm sure my expression was panicked because Jon began moving towards me from across the room. John just laughed. As soon as my fiancé was within arm's reach, I grabbed him and he pulled me into his chest. "Nice party, Nicole! My invite seemed to be lost in the mail though.. Why is that?" He laughed again. I remembered a time when that was the most comforting sound in the world. But now? It sent the worst kind of shivers up my spine.

(Mini-flashback to earlier in the day.)

John had been in Las Vegas having the time of his life! Bar after bar, gambling, drinking, flirting with all the pretty women he could find. Who needed to be tied down anyway? Not him, that's for sure. The latest fling had left his room, and he was moderately satisfied. It wasn't bad, wasn't great. He grabbed his phone and began scrolling through his instagram feed. He saw a picture Nicole had posted a few minutes ago. It was a picture of her and Ambrose holding hands with the caption; "Things change for the better, and the best is yet to come." It threw John off. But he was drawn in, and scrolled down her page until he found posts about him, and he and Nicole together. That's when it hit him, he was empty without her. She was truly the love of his life and he let her slip through his fingers that night she came inside the arena with that scum. What she saw in him wasn't something John could understand. He didn't have the money John did, nor the physique, or anything in his mind. Then it hit him. They had a house in Vegas. He chuckled lowly to himself, finishing his umpteenth drink. He was gonna pay them a little visit.

(End of flashback.)

Jon held onto me the tightest I think he ever has. We didn't expect it to end up violent, but I knew how John got when he got drunk and it wasn't pretty. Jon knew too. We shared everything with one another. "What's the occasion, hm?" John pondered aloud, as he strolled over closer to where we were. I didn't have time to react before those eyes of his landed on my hand, on my ring. They widened like saucers as they moved to Jon and I. "So, you put a ring on it huh Ambrose?" Jon was practically snarling. He was livid. "No, I put a ring on :her: Cena. I ain't stupid like you." I squeezed Jon's hand roughly, trying to get him to curb his tongue. The look on John's face was best described as utter shock. "You think you're slick, don't you Ambrose? Working your little mind control on my girl, brainwashing her." Now I was getting hot. "I'm not yours, and I haven't been since the first day Jon and I got together. Don't think that didn't come from me, because it did." He shot a glare at me, and surprisingly I stood my ground. "Get the hell out of our house." Jon spat, obviously wanting fists to fly. Joe got Galina to move me to the side as he stood beside Jon. "This isn't your place, man. You gotta go." Joe tried to reason, he didn't want a fight much like I didn't. He knew Jon just as well as I did, and could read his body language the very same. "Aight, fine. I'll leave. But I'm telling you, Nicole. This ain't the last you'll hear from me. I promise." He took a mini glass of champagne, and turned on his heel to walk right out the door. I had a tight grip on Galina, and all of a sudden JoJo ran up to me and wrapped her arms tightly around my legs. "It'll be okay, Auntie CoCo. Uncle Jon will protect you." I couldn't help but smile, even after all of that. I gazed over to see Joe and Jon smiling too. I leaned down and gave her a tight hug, Galina moving towards Joe with her when she saw Jon approaching. Without hesitation, his arms wrapped around me tightly. He whispered, "Jo' wasn't wrong. He ain't gonna hurt you as long as I'm breathin'. I guarantee it Princess." I held onto him tightly, visibly shaken but somehow keeping my composure. "I know, Jon. I know. Just hold me, please.."

After a little while, the party resumed to an upbeat and jovial mood. Though my mind never truly left what had happened. But I enjoyed the company, and the celebration of the fact I was now engaged to the love of my life.