Here comes trouble.

Jon POV;
We figured we should head inside, people were already probably jumping to conclusions and spreading shit around. I held Nicole's hand tightly as we made our way to the building. The door was opened, and we were inside. A part of me thought she'd let go of my hand, but I felt a sense of pride that she hadn't. But knowing how this would look, I wanted her to be sure. I slowly stopped walking and leaned down to whisper in her ear. "Nicole, are you sure about this? You know I don't give a damn what people think, but.." She cut me off. "I'm sure." She was a woman on a mission, and expecting trouble. Joe had parted ways with us, so everything was on us. Trouble wasn't long finding us when we saw John approach. She squeezed my hand, but didn't let go. This was about to blow sky high. "What the hell is this?" John practically yelled. "What does it look like?" I said, my usual smart ass tone clear as can be. "Watch it, Ambrose. I wasn't talking to you." The next thing spoke sort of shocked me, but in a good way. "He wasn't wrong." Nicole had huffed, already clearly sick of the situation. The look John gave her had me step a little ways in front of her. "How could you do this, Nicole?" He said with an angry and hurt tone. "Me?! How could you do this?" I don't think I'd ever seen her this angry. "Nicole, I know this isn't the time. But it's something you need to hear." I spoke up. I guess that whole 'keeping this to myself' bit wasn't gonna hold up. She simply turned to me without a word, ready to listen to what I had to say. "This is all Colby's fault. He told your sister some bullshit lie, which she relayed to you. "Then he told us all a lie about you," Joe had reappeared at some point. This part I wasn't exactly sure of. "that's why people told Jon to stay away." The look of anger on Nicole's face was worse than what I thought was bad about two minutes ago. "I wanted to tell you, Nicole. But you ended things and made it clear you didn't wanna speak to me." I explained, and I watched the anger slowly slip from her expression. It changed to sorrow. "Jon.. I'm so sorry. If I had known.." Before I could interrupt, John did. "So you're just gonna leave me?!" I rolled my eyes. Resisting the urge to be a smart ass was growing increasingly difficult. "Yes, John. Now I don't know if you knew about all this or not, but I know how things were going with us." His anger slowly began to fade, and it was obvious he felt it too. "Just be happy, Nicole. Okay?" He didn't allow her to reply before walking off through the crowd of people that had apparently gathered around the commotion. I could tell she felt bad, but she looked back up at me. "It's okay, Nicole. I know you didn't know. But everything was one lie after another with us after things ended.." She cut me off. "It's over now, and we're back where we belong. That's all that matters." I just looked into her eyes and nodded. Soon I leaned down, once again melding our lips together fluidly. After maybe a minute, we heard a noise from behind us. "Ahem." We slowly broke the kiss, and turned to see the twin of my beautiful girlfriend. Nicole and I looked at each other, and knew we weren't out of the woods just yet.