On The Run Part III

Maria

"Hijo I thought I told you not to eat that, it wasn't finished!" I yelled, clearly annoyed that Morgan chose today of all days not to listen. He gave me a sheepish smile, much like his stupid ass step daddy and continued to eat the curry and rice I made.

"Sorry mama, but you were taking to long to make the sauce and I'm hungry." He voiced clearly, stretching slightly to measure the pain in his back. He made a face and I rushed to his side as I rubbed circles onto his back. "Did you take your medicine today? Want to go for a walk to ease the pain and stretch your muscles?"

He shook his head and let himself down from the table, flashing me a smile that I knew was genuine. "No, daddy said we're going out today." I glanced at his face and sighed, unconsciously smiling back. "Okay..did daddy tell you where we're going today hijo?" I voiced as I grabbed a pill and handed it to Morgan with a glass of orange juice. He drunk it with all his meals, no matter if it was breakfast time or dinner. I didn't really like orange juice, so I knew he had to pick up the habit from his father.

"Daddy said we were going to the zoo." I blinked and smiled, nodding my head. "Okay, go pick out an outfit and ask Kaden to help you get bathed. Don't forget to brush your teeth!" I yelled behind him as he tried to rush up the stairs. I hadn't talked to Kaden for an entire week, ever since that argument at Vin's house.

Lately I've been starting to feel like me and Kaden just aren't meant for each other. I can't handle the countless random angry outburst and the 2 second arguments every damn day. It's tiring and I'm beginning to think that our relationship is nothing but toxic.

"Hello?" I answered slightly annoyed before looking at my cellphone to see who had called. "Girl, we need you to come in today." I sat myself on the kitchen counter and pouted. "Yasmine, I'm off today and I told you about my man. He doesn't like me stripping.." I could tell Yasmine was rolling her eyes and picking her extremely long finger nails. "I know but the boss man said we're losing money and if we don't come up with more at the end of the month they might shut us down. And Candy and me miss you. We never got to go out to breakfast. You know we're more than just work friends!"

Yasmine stressed, and I groaned as I hopped off the counter and started making my way upstairs. "Fine Yasmine damn, what time does he want me to come in? And I'm not staying for more than 3 hours, make sure he knows that!" Yasmine squealed excitedly and clapped her hands together. "In an hour since it's a Tuesday and it's still early. Can we go out afterward?!" "Yes yes, I'll be on my way."

"I love you Jessy Rabbit!" I laughed and returned the sentiment before hanging up and sliding my phone in the front pocket of my sweats. I had been stripping only once a week for 6 hours and tried to keep my shifts between 1-7. That way, I could come home before dark and Kaden wouldn't suspect anything. I don't know why he didn't like me stripping, but it was the only way I really knew how to provide for myself.

"Really don't feel like asking K for one of his cars.." I mumbled to myself as I went into my private walk in closet and entered the code. I shut the door behind me and grabbed my orange Nike duffle and stuffed a silver and black one piece inside with a pair of silver red bottoms. For dinner after work, I grabbed a powdered pink maxi dress matched with my moccasin sandals.

I stuffed all my make up and accessories into my bag and got ready to ask Kaden to borrow one of his cars. I been holding off on buying my own because I just know he's going to ask me where I got the money from, and I don't want him to know I'm still stripping..

I walked out of my closet and went into Morgan's room. Kaden was sitting on his bed brushing through his hair while Morgan was playing with his old game boy. He was dressed from head to toe and I smiled at Kaden's work. Maybe his dad did dress him better.