5. Intervention

^ Mook up top, or to the side ;)

Maria

I stared at Morgan in shock as blood leaked from his forehead. The car swerved upside down and kept spinning until it stopped on the exit of a highway. My body hurt all over and I could barely keep from shutting down. The pain was unbearable and I was sure a piece of metal was wedged into my side.

I clicked my seatbelt and watched it unfasten slowly. I reached my arms out to Morgan and pulled him into my arms, making me moan in pain. I gritted my teeth and kicked the car door open, climbing out and laying on the side of the road. It was late at night and I recalled the events of someone shooting at the tires, making Michael lose control of the hummer.

I widened my eyes and looked back inside of the truck, hoping to see Mook in a good condition. I lifted myself up and limped to the drivers side, reaching my arm inside of the shattered window to unlock the door from the inside. Once it opened, I clicked on Mook's seatbelt and pulled him by his arms out of the hummer. At this point I was wheezing and holding onto Michael for dear life. I had to treat their wounds before I passed out.

We were in the middle of a highway, early in the morning, explaining the lack of cars. It was dark and I sighed as I laid Mook across the grass along with my son Morgan. My eyes watered and I bit on my lip to keep from crying.

I sighed and made my way back to the hummer and popped the trunk open with the keys. All the shit that was packed came tumbling out and I heaved the two large suitcases, and 2 large purses over to where Mook and Morgan laid unconscious.

Sighing, I frantically searched through the two bags and pulled out a moderate sized first aid kit. I knew Morgan would need stitches for the gash on his forehead, and Mook would need some for the deep scratch on his leg. I would probably need some on my side where the metal was lodged.

I worked on Morgan first and took out 3 alcohol pads. After I cleaned the gash to the best of my ability, I stitched it up and applied a fair sized piece of gauze, tapping it down so that it would stay put. Next, I cleaned Mook's leg. I thought it wouldn't be a problem like Morgan, but he woke up in the middle of me doing his stitches.

"Fuck.." He hissed in pain and I looked up in surprise as I cut the piece of surgical thread and wrapped it up with more gauze, taping it in place just as I did with Morgan.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to-"

"Girl are you good ? You okay? What the fuck happened ! Is little man good?" He threw questions left and right and I bust out into tears, finally feeling the heat of the situation.

My son could have lost his fucking life, along with me and Mook's. Once I found out who was behind this shit I was going to kill someone.

Mook apologetically looked at me and sighed as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "Ma please don't cry, we lucky to be alive. Let me get this shit out your side.."

I nodded through my tears and bit on my lip as he prepared to pull the piece of metal out of my side. I felt my soul leave my body as he started to pull the piece out. The pain was excruciating and I dug my nails into Mook's arm as he finally threw the bloody piece to the side.

After examining it, he cleaned it with alcohol and I screamed bloody murder as he chuckled. He packed the wound with gauze and then placed three bandaids over it to keep it from being exposed since there was nothing else. He gave me a weak smile and I returned it before wiping blood off the side of his mouth.

"I ain't no doctor or nothin, but I tried. Thanks for my leg.." I nodded and he brung me into his side, kissing my forehead. I could tell that he knew that I desperately needed the comfort. I was scared and afraid and I didn't have any type of weapon on me.