21. Spoiled Milk

Maria

"It doesn't always have to be this way. You should know that as a human, you will be punished for the bad deeds that you commit."

"But why did you have to take his mobility away ? A child shouldn't have to fucking grow up not being able to move a single fucking muscle in his body !"

"And a young adult shouldn't be affiliated with drugs, or one that takes the lives of other people !"

"Who knew that You, God, of all people could be so cruel.."

I woke up with a sigh and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. Lifting my head up from Morgan's bedside, I frowned and stretched my arms out. The room was noisy, and I wondered how I slept through all of the noise.

Morgan was sitting up in the bed, a pillow as his support. Kaden was feeding him banana applesauce and Vin and Nard were sitting on the other side of the room, watching the flat screen television.

Yesterday I cried until my head hurt, falling asleep shortly after. It didn't make sense, why should any child have to be immobile for the rest of their life, and have to watch other children run and play around ? Your toddler years are the most important, because you learn how to have fun and see the world as all good before you get older and see it's real ugliness.

"Mama's up." He voiced cheerfully and I smiled weakly as I interlaced our fingers together. "Hey there big guy, you alright? Feel any pain?" He showed me a snaggletoothed smile and I giggled as I kissed his cheek.

"Maria, let me talk to you for a second." Kaden voiced as he handed a yogurt pack to Morgan. I nodded and got up, exiting out of the hospital room.

"Doc came in and dropped news earlier while you were as--" I held my hand up, cutting his sentence off. "If it's bad I don't want to hear it. I can't take anymore." Kaden sighed and pulled me into his arms, kissing the top of head.

"Baby..Morgan isn't permanently paralyzed, not for life. The physical abuse really banged his spine up, but with therapy and medicine he'll be able to move again.." My eyes widened and a vibrant smile spread across my face. But Kaden wasn't smiling himself, and that made me afraid.

"There's something else isn't it ?" He nodded and tightened his grip around my waist. "It could take years worth of therapy and he will never be able to play sports. He won't be able to lift heavy objects, and he'll need adult care when he becomes of age. Right now because he's so young, he's able to walk slightly with a walker and his bones are healing quick as hell. He can move his head arms and legs, but he will never stand straight up.."

I felt the tears coming, but I didn't want to cry so I didn't. I just held onto Kaden tighter as he finished talking. "He could get surgery on his spine and they will implement it with metal, but it's a 12% chance that he'll survive.." Kaden looked as if he was about to cry himself, and I sighed as I sniffled.

"This is so fucked up." He cups my face and leans his forehead against my own. "It is, it's fucked up as hell. But what matters the most is that your little nigga is alive and is a fucking fighter. Smith's don't take L's ma." I smiled and corrected him with a smirk. "Our little nigga."

His smile widened and we slapped hands, before chest bumping. The key to a happy relationship was being your niggas lover, and bestfriend. I stood on my tippy toes and kissed Kaden slowly, catching his bottom lip between my teeth. He groaned and grabbed my ass, grinding me against him.

"I only left to get me and Sade's clothes. Then I was going to leave, I wasn't even planning to speak to Imoni. Someone had to be watching me to know that I even was there." I said between kisses, backing Kaden up into the bathroom right down the hall.

He pushed my skirt up and ripped through my panties, making me glare at him. "I'll buy some more. I'll have to move again, this time you don't leave the house unless you have me or a guard with you, understand?" He stated, and sat down on the toilet with me in his lap. He pulled his dick out and lifted me up, slowly placing me on top of it till every inched slipped inside.

I moaned and Kaden quickly placed his hand over my mouth.

Why did we always end up fucking in a hospital bathroom that smelled like spoiled milk?

Bashir

Erikah sipped at her tea and picked at the spaghetti on her plate. "Girl if you don't stop picking at that shit and eat it, it ain't gone hurt you." I groaned in irritation. If that's not what the fuck you wanted to eat, why order it ?

"What the fuck is up with you ?" She questioned, dramatically throwing her fork on the table. "You acting dumb as hell. It's food, that I fucking paid for ! Eat it." She bit on her bottom lip and raised her eyebrow, signaling that she was about to blow up.

"Well if the food taste like fucking spoiled milk what the fuck am I gone eat it for ?!" She yelled and people turned their heads to stare at us. This bitch then made a fucking scene. I don't know what's worse, the fact that I'm catching feelings for her, or the fact that I had a bad feeling about being here. Something wasn't right.

"Erikah, you love me ?" I asked as I pulled my gun from the waist band of my pants. She nodded and then sighed, getting a nervous look on her face. "N-Nard..I think we should leave." I nodded and stood up, looking around the restaurant multiple times. "Grab your shit and walk in front of me. Something is off." "N-no ! Let's just go out through the back.."

"You never stutter, you're nervous. What the fuck is going on ? You was just arguing with me over spaghetti!" I whisper-yelled, and she bit on her lip as she grabbed my arm and led me out through the back of the restaurant. "Baby you're going to be upset about this but--"

A bullet flew past and grazed Erikah cheek, making her flinch. I expected her to cry, but she just hissed and slapped her sleeve against her face. "Nard I'm a fed. I was going to set you up but I love you, and I could never do that to you..just please go on."

I looked at her as if she was crazy and raised my gun to her head. "You think I should let you keep your life after all the shit you've found out about me ? How do I know if you won't go back and snitch ? What if you get me fucking locked up!" She smiled sadly and cupped my face in her hands, kissing my lips slowly and bringing me closer against her chest.

"My partner that was in the restaurant seen me help you out the back. I'll probably be arrested for helping a murderer Nard." She stated sadly, and I groaned in irritation as I pulled her by her arm and ran towards my black Bentley.

"Drive to 45319 EastWood, that's the main trap. Kaden should be there, I'll find a way to escape. Lay low and don't get caught. I love you Erikah." It felt weird saying it, but I did. I don't think I was ready to be in a relationship, because I wasn't over Da'Jah. But I was ready to start moving on.

"Nard I'm not fuc--"

"Bashir, and you are. I need you to stay safe for me okay ? I can't lose more people that are important to me because of what I do." She frowned and another bullet flew, hitting the front window of my fucking Bentley. I was getting blood before I got out this bitch.

I kissed her lips and slammed the door shut as I yelled for her to go. Soon after, I ducked behind a red traverse and started busting back at the people who were shooting at me. At this point I didn't know if I was shooting Feds or niggas from a different organization.

I felt a bullet graze the side of my ear and moaned in pain as I felt my skin tear apart. I ran to the opposite side of the parking lot and busted out a Honda Civic's Windows. After unlocking the car from the inside, I Hot-wired the car and pulled off straight to the abandoned trap that Mario used to run.

If anybody followed, I wouldn't be leading them straight to our drug operation.

A new enemy was coming in to play, and more shit was added to our fucked up situation.