19. Restoration part I

* in media is Derrick
Sorry for the late update guys, been in school and keeping my grades up. Hopefully they'll be faster and I can start on the 3rd book soon

Enjoy 🍓❤️

Maria

"You been down from the go, recognition is something that you want, and that's something I should know." I hummed to Morgan quietly while he slept on my breast. I smiled slightly and pushed a lock of hair out of his face.

After the incident with Kaden two days ago, I started to reconsider what he said. Imoni hadn't called me to check up on me or ask where I had been staying at since I didn't return. It was weird because she always called me, or at least shot me a text to know if I was okay or needed something.

Come to think of it, I decided to stop by the house earlier with Morgan, just to see if she was home. I figured I'd be moving in with Kaden so there wasn't a point for me to keep my shit here. I unlocked the door with the extra key she's given me and went straight to the guest room. Morgan sat on the bed and plaid with his game boy that Kaden had somewhere in his dresser.

As I started packing clothes and basically emptying the room of my stuff, I heard something fall in the kitchen. No one had been home when I came in, so I quickly pushed my stuff under the bed and quietly shut the door. I then grabbed Morgan and hid inside of the closet.

"Sade, mommy wants you to very quiet okay ?" I asked, whispering and smiling at him for comfort. He nodded silently and leaned his head on my shoulder.

I listened as foot steps trailed around the house, trying my hardest to keep me and my sun safe. I didn't have a weapon on me, and I didn't want to risk calling anyone, so I quietly took my phone out and began to text Kaden.

Before I could send the text, the closet door swung open and I quickly pushed whoever was standing in front of down and grabbed Morgan, running towards the front door. "They always think they can run when they have no where to go..tragic." A deep voice rumbled behind me, catching me off guard. Before I could get out the house, the man grabbed my ankle, making my bang my head against the cement on the porch.

"Fuck!" I hissed in pain as my vision started to blur. Morgan started to cry uncontrollably and I sighed as I bring my arms around him weakly. I was losing my conscious and it was scaring me. I didn't want anything to happen to my son, and I had to think fast to get myself out of this situation.

Why am I always the bitch that gotta be fucking kidnapped?

Time skip. . .

I woke up tied to a chair with a gag in my mouth. Morgan was sleeping soundly on the floor with Kaden's game boy clutched deeply into his arm.

"What the fuck?" I whispered to myself, and the man with the deep voice came into the light. I gasped as anger and surprise started to set in. "Derrick ?!" He smiled and nodded his head, running a hand over his waves.

"In the flesh. Surprised to see me ?" He asked smugly and I growled in irritation. Derrick was the man that I privately danced for at the strip club. I had no idea that he had plans to fucking set me up. It doesn't make sense. Why give some female thousands of dollars if you're going to do some foul shit to her in the end ?

"What the fuck do you want from me ?" "Oh, I don't want anything from you, Taniyah and Imoni do." I frowned. "Why would my bestfriend be in on this dumb ass shit ? And who the fuck is Taniyah ?" The name rung bells, but I didn't know anyone named Taniyah.

"Bestfriend my ass. We were best friends Maria, but now I want you dead." My eyes widened and I started to shake my head as Imoni came out of the shadows. She had on a short body con dress with a slit down the middle. Her hair was flat ironed bone straight and she had on black make up. I noticed blood all over her silver heels and legs.