4. Fear

Maria

I glanced at Morgan as he played a board game quietly on the floor. He was concentrating to the point where his face was sweaty and he was biting a hole in his lip. I let out a small giggle and he looked up at me with confusion.

I just ruffled his hair and smiled and looked at the watch on my wall. I was suppose to put Morgan to sleep before Hakeem came home, but I wasn't going too. For once I'm about to stop being a scary ass bitch and get the hell out of here. I got one of Kaden's connects to come pick me up from around the back of Hakeem's condo.

I prayed and prayed that Hakeem wouldn't catch me or find us once we disappeared. I didn't really know how to defend myself and I was afraid that this time Hakeem would really kill me. His twisted ideas of happiness and love were fucked up, and I didn't wanna be caught up in this bullshit anymore.

Eliziah looked at me sadly as she sat on my bed. The chef packed me and Morgan plenty of meals to ensure that we weren't starved when we arrived back in America. I almost didn't wanna leave them here. Hakeem was nasty towards them and treated them terrible, and I offered that they escape with us, but they declined and said that that was how they made their living. Yeah Hakeem was an ass, but his pay was generous.

Eliziah kissed Morgan's forehead and he hugged her legs as he slightly teared up. Eliziah was like the grandma he never had, and she was the only person he'd talk to besides myself. I didn't want to rip him away but staying with Hakeem wasn't safe and I didn't want Morgan growing up thinking it was okay to hit on women and cause abusive relationships.

"You be safe out there Maria..Hay muy mal personas who will try and hurt you !" I smiled and wrapped my arms around Eliziah.

"Sí, I know. I'll be fine Eliziah. You make sure that you stay safe out here too. If you and chef ever wanna come and stay with me in America I'll make arrangements. You two are always welcome."

Eliziah shook her head as she gave me a dainty smile. "Let's hurry before Hakeem gets back."

Phonso, the chef, and her helped me and Morgan load our bags into my hummer. I checked and made sure that I had enough money to ensure that we would be safe and taken care of. I knew Hakeem most likely had my truck chipped, so I had one of Kaden's connects search it and remove every last one. Hakeem was really obsessed with me, and it was scary.

I kissed Eliziah's cheek and gave Phonso a hug before hopping inside my hummer and starting the car. I drove to the back of the house and Kaden's worker stood there, cleaning his finger nails and bobbing his head to the music playing through his headphones.

Once he seen me he hopped in the passenger side and handed me a mag with an extended clip. "I'm doing this cause you King's girl and that's my mans. I think you should know that Mario is looking for you, he found out about the letter. As soon as I get you across the border and to the airport, you on your own. Lay low and don't trust anybody until you make it back to Miami. Understand ?"

Tears started to build in my eyes and I nodded as he rolled his eyes and made me switch seats with him. "I suggest that once you make it to Miami you burn this bitch or trade it in for a new car. Ain't no telling when it comes to Hakeem." He warned, and I nodded, giving him a pearly smile.

"Thank you for helping me.." He smiled small and tilted my chin up with his finger. "Yo look ion wanna see no lil mama out here on her own or being fucked around with. If the circumstances was different I'd keep you for myself, you fine as hell."

I blushed and leaned forward, kissing his cheek. "Thanks -...uh what's your name?" He started to drive and lazily drove my truck with one hand, smoking a blunt with the other.